Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Two wheeled my car yesterday

Sorry, didn't get any photos. We had a practice day yesterday before our event today, and I usually try to push the car as far as it will possibly go while I figure out tire pressures and lines. I had just put on a brand new set of 205/50R16 RE71R's, these are replacing my slightly lower profile 205/40R16 RE71R's.

Basically I got behind in a slalom, and in trying to make the last cone I ended up losing the tail end. Normally the car just slides, but today I felt the entire car go up on two wheels. I have done a lot of off-roading where 2 wheeling is pretty common due to challenging terrain, so I instinctively turned into it quickly and that brought it back down quickly. If I had gone the other way, I am almost positive the car would have gone over.

There was no elevation changes at all (airport tarmac), and aside from the tires, the car is completely 100% stock. I've been running RE71R's all year round, but the larger profile of these new tires seems to make it more prone to grabbing when you lose the back end rather than just sliding out.

Oh I also tore out one of my fender linings earlier on the same run [paranoid]

Today was a much better day though... I placed 5th overall:
http://members.shaw.ca/murray.autocross/2015/2015_09_20__scores.txt

There was more in the car, my fastest time involved leaving it in 3rd as I came around a hairpin