Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

STOA again

Hey Folks,

Just got my registration confirmation today. My date is June 15 for the track. I'm ready! I'm going with my wife. This is going to be another trans continental road trip for us. The highlight for me will be STOA. Are there any others here who have attended this event with their wives/ SOs? My wife is wondering "WTF" am I supposed to do while you're trying to use someone elses car to do every thing but wreck it? It's a fair question. I was told she can get some hot laps with an instructor in a FIST/FOST and she not really interested in that or the go cart thing at the end of the day. So I'm asking if anyone has taken someone for the "guest experience" did they enjoy it or not. I'm an a$$clown and at 64 refuse to grow up!

Thanks for any answers

Zormecteon

I took my SO. It said in the application that guests needed to have the ability to drive a stick shift car, so I thought that she would be getting the same training as would I. At nearly $500 to bring her along I fully expected more than that she get a ride around the track and the Urban-Cross, but that's all the activity she got . Oh the lunch and the swag and the go carts, but basically she just got to sit and watch. We drove in from Washington state and the vacation/trip was worth it overall but not STOA. ... The road trip was great though. The highest speed limits around here are 70 mph, and to have it bumped up to 80 (and driving at nearly 90 (semi-legally) was great as far as learning what to expect from the car. ....

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Thank you for your insight. Oddly enough, I will be headed to SLC from Kennewick WA. My sister lives there and I have not seen her for a few years and so it gives reason for an extended roadtrip. Just curious here, Did you do WA to SLC in one pull or break it up? My wife is not eager to experience the track or urbanx but might play with the go carts. When she goes out with me in the FIST I have to drive like a granny!Ah well, at least I get to play!

Zormecteon

We spent the night in Boise as it's a little 1/2 way from Kelso, but coming home we did the nearly 900 miles in a single loooong day... It's hard to stop in a motel when I'm only a few hours from home.... that is like pull over at 5:00 or so, knowing that I can sleep in my own bed if I just drive until 9:00... We drove I-80. The speed limit in Oregon was 65, but when we hit Idaho it bumped up to 75, then when we hit Utah it bumped up again to 80! Since I have a V-1 detector I felt comfortable at about 8 mph over so set the cruise control for 88.. and the car behaved flawlessly for hours at that speed. (except when I had to stab the gas for a pass and bumped up over 100--flawless there too)