Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Help identifying this cable please

City
Middlesbrough
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4
Hi all,
I have just changed the starter motor on my Fiesta MK6 and whilst removing the old one, this cable came off. There is only a limited amount of movement as its housed in a cable tidy with little stretch. I've had a good look round above and below the engine but I can't see anywhere obvious it may have come from. Please can you help identify it?
Thanks.
J.

Attachments

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I will have a go. This forum is primarily for the North American version of Fiesta. But, given its location I would say that it's for the oil pressure sending unit. It appears to be a 90 degree push on type of connector that would be common for that sender.

OP
J
City
Middlesbrough
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
I will have a go. This forum is primarily for the North American version of Fiesta. But, given its location I would say that it's for the oil pressure sending unit. It appears to be a 90 degree push on type of connector that would be common for that sender.
Thanks for that. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Any idea where it would attach to?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Again, my guess. It either attaches to the sending unit screwed into an adapter on the side of the engine block or somewhere near the oil filter.
Are you guys in the U.K. having problems with electrical grounds becoming corroded? It is a growing issue here in the States.

OP
J
City
Middlesbrough
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Fixed! I found the location just behind the oil filter so I was happy to get it reconnected. Thanks for your help!

OP
J
City
Middlesbrough
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Thread Starter #6
Again, my guess. It either attaches to the sending unit screwed into an adapter on the side of the engine block or somewhere near the oil filter.
Are you guys in the U.K. having problems with electrical grounds becoming corroded? It is a growing issue here in the States.
You're right, it was near the oil filter (y). I haven't noticed any problems with grounds corrosion. :/