Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Help! 09 fiesta wont do over 70 MPH

Sadek

City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2009 Fiesta
Hi Guys.

I brought a 2009 fiesta 1.4 zetec yesterday and it looked and drove great on the testdrive. But on my way back to London I started noticing some issues. Just wondering if anyone has encountered these issues before and if you happen to know any fixes or roughly how much to fix.

The first issue is the car seems to be limited at 70MPH. And when I say limited I really mean it. It won't go above 70 no matter how much I push it. At 70 the car seems to start shuddering. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

The other issue I've encountered is that I can't seem to build up speed quickly past 30. If I try hit the accelerator the rpms shoot up and the engine starts revving but the speed doesn't go up. I have to gently accelerate each time.

Has anyone encountered these issues before? Please let me know it would be great to get an estimate on the repair costs.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello. This forum is aimed primarily at the North American version of the Fiesta. But what you describe sounds like a worn out clutch. You didnt mention if you have a manual transmission or an automatic or how many kilometers are on it. So, we can only guess.