Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Hello everyone!

TED1575

I own a 2014 ford fiesta titanium sedan with a automatic transmisson. Can i put a turbocharger and intercooler on it?

Corvair

I don't think the transmission can handle the power you have now.

The factory engine wasn't designed for a turbo. A turbo would have a stronger crank shaft, rods and better pistons. The rest of the drive train would also be stronger.

The best way would be to trade it in for a more powerful car, which would be almost any car. My Accord which you don't think of being fast, is so much quicker than my Fiesta was. Each horse has five less pound to hall around. As for gas milage, which is the only reason I can think of why people buy a Fiesta, my Accord is only about 10% less in the summer and the same in the winter. I know a Fiesta and an Accord aren't really comparable, but that's what I traded my Fiesta in on. My Fiesta was the worst car I ever had to my Accord which is the best.

State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SE 1.0L
Hi.

I just bought a 2013 Fiesta ST. Was in mint shape with barely over 20,000 miles on it. I think it was a 2nd vehicle for somebody or the previous owner lived close to work.