Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Found an interesting YouTube channel..

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
N_OG Automotive.
He makes videos of the various things he has been doing on his Fiesta. He is U.K based but there is much that is universal how to knowledge. Maybe he will join us here to answer a few questions and provide some inspiration. 84DE7E9D-A956-45CC-BB91-F7C98BD9E204.jpeg

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #2
Double posted again when I was really just trying to edit the images! I guess I have to stop using my Fire tablet to post or edit. It is kinda beat up and tired.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
I get it too, I get dupes on several occasions - I think it's due to the sites' way to notifying someone of a post in a watched thread...if one of the members wanted to get notified - it sends out a "ping" but it may also echo back here I think it can do this - I've seen up to 4 duplicates, then I refresh the screen and only see my original post reply and this "dupe" right below it..

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
But after watching some of his vids (the sticker debage removal was hilarious - those moments of let go - glad the Cat and Toad get along) I never did catch how he did up those "blackouts" for the headlights - er? Eyebrows? - His term. Not into that spray-painting mask stuff - was thinking something about how to remove the lens (headlight) cover and install thru the front then the reseal.

LED Light conversion was well done!

But can relate very well to the condition of letting a relative borrow the car...

CRUNCH!

(...at least he's willing to show his faults - which many on YT are more megalomaniac's and tend to derate humanity..)

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #5
I like that it’s not perfectly polished as well. I don’t think most people appreciate just how time consuming it is to create a cohesive video segment.
from my experiences, creating a video segment on something as outwardly simple as a front disc brake rebuild involves much more attention to detail in regards to lighting, audio quality from a windy day and not having interruptions like phones ringing or dogs barking. From a pure labor perspective, a video of doing a simple brake job is the equivalent of doing five brake jobs. So,it’s no wonder that member produced “how to “ videos just do not exist!
Some of the other YouTubers have resorted to editing out some of the issues encountered during an install and then not mentioning the issue as part of the install process.
one example of that I discovered was in doing a lower control arm bushing install where a large bushing was simply not going to work as it was promoted. The result being a big delay and ordering a different brand of bushing that actually fit into the arm with zero problems in five minutes!
I would like to create some videos of component installations and maybe some events. But it would have to involve more people than just me.
I have several GoPro cameras and a variety of mounting hardware that could be used to create some really great videos of auto crossing, exhaust sound clips and many cool angles of a Fiesta in motion.
I am considering doing some things in video rather than the ongoing post and reply routine that is critical for refreshing the page content, but, is rather flat and unexciting compared to a video clip.
I am willing to do videos. But it will mean that I would vanish from the forum as a text and picture contributor. I am in a constant battle with the clock to manage my time with some discipline and effectiveness.

Last edited:
OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #7
Yeah, definitely a UK trend. Kinda like the rear wing riser/ spacers were here in the states.