Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford fiesta 1.6 DTC transmission interchangeable years

Bigdizzzle

City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 ford fiesta
Hi I have a 2012 ford fiesta and I am wondering if anyone can confirm if I can add a transmission from a 2016 fiesta to my 2012.
The used transmission from the 2016 comes with all solenoids, and TCM. I will still have my old TCM if I need to swap if necessary.

I know it’s the same transmission but I’m wondering if it needs to be reprogrammed other than forscan to read the new transmission and TCM?

Doranm

City
Moore
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta SE
Did you ever figure this out?

I was curious about the same.. How “interchangeable” the DPS6 is between the Focus/Fiesta and vice versa between 2011-2016-ish

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Due to VIN registry, the TCM module should be kept from the 2012 for the 2016 Transmission - but shift "ways and means" should be compatible as far as the Mechanical - connectors? Not so sure - but the TCM and it's VIN needs to match with the vehicle.- but the connectors should be pin for pin.

The transmission should have new clutches installed or at least checked to make sure that they are relatively new to help this transition process.

Now, when the module is swapped out, clean the surfaces that this module bolts onto - the heat and thermal transfer needs to be made good to transfer the heat without overheating or odd thermal issues showing up.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The fiesta and focus transmission cases are unique to each car. Some of the dumb bolt on stuff is the same. The controls are very specific. I think the fixes were more successful for the fiesta than they turned out for the focus. A coworker recently got the settlement on his 2015 focus. They never got the issues sorted out. I believe that the higher torque and horsepower of the 2.0 and the greater weight of the focus was much harder on the clutches of the Powershift transmission in the focus.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Wrecking yards have a parts interchange database called Hollander. It’s a parts interchange guide. Used to be a book back when I discovered it