Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta ST-3 spare wheel??

Stoofan

City
Romsey
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta st-3 mk7
Hi, I wanted to buy a space saver wheel for my fiesta st but I was warned the spare wheel 15” might not fit over the brake pads on the car? Is this true or will the 15” spare fit over the front and back brake pads and work fine??

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hi, I wanted to buy a space saver wheel for my fiesta st but I was warned the spare wheel 15” might not fit over the brake pads on the car? Is this true or will the 15” spare fit over the front and back brake pads and work fine??
Hello. The Fiesta ST we get in the States comes with a stock steel 15 inch rim and a full service 195/60R 15 tire. And that size fits into the stowage space Ford allowed. You guys in the U.K. could probably source wheels from 1st generation Focus to use as secondary or spare wheels.
In the U.S. we have huge seasonal variations that cause just about every owner outside of California, Florida and Nevada to have a stack of alternative treads in the garage.
If you are firmly decided on a temporary spare, have you seen one like this on your side of the pond? It is what came as a spare rim for the 2011/12 SFE model in America.

Attachments

Last edited:
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Hey, I just picked up one of those spare tires from the junkard for $12.99, as mine did not come with one. Do you have any pictures of how they came mounted in the trunk from the factory and all of the other pieces they came with?

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
In an SE, the wheel is held down by a t-shaped bolt, the jack is under the wheel held down by a smaller t-shaped bolt. There's a styrofoam-ish bin that sits on top with the wrench and the emergency gas spigot.

20210110_173204.jpg

20210110_173145.jpg

20210110_173117.jpg

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Happy new year MBP. I pulled that rim out of a wreck at a pick n pull.
It was not stowed as it should have been. I couldn't find the foam spacer to see if it was different from the one with a 15 inch rim.
But i imagine that the whole thing is stored in the way lions tooth has shown us.