Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

FIESTA S FACTORY UPGRADES?

City
ASHLAND
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Fiesta S
Just upgraded my commuter car from a 2007 Focus SES to a 2013 Fiesta S. I was just curious what factory upgrades can be done easily.
Thinking about key FOB, SYNC, cruise control, and console arm rest if possible (any other suggestions?).
I was thinking key FOB would be pretty easy if it can be done but assuming some programming would have to be done.
I've seen a lot of of parted out Fiestas that have the center control area with SYNC, would this just be a simple swap with some programming?
I've heard you can "upgrade" the wheel for cruise as long as the wheel has the proper harness.
The arm rest looks like it could be easy but curious if you would need the entire center console or just the rear section.
It does have crank windows but in all honesty that would be last on my list but if I found doors or the front panels/motors would that be a programming swap as well?

I have a couple ELM327's and I've heard about Forscan for programming although I haven't used it.
Non of this is needed but figured if some of it could be done buying the parts right it could make the car a little more comfortable/user friendly.
Also would any of these upgrades be better looking at aftermarket parts over OEM from a parted out car?
I know how to turn a wrench, just looking for some input on what might be needed if these can be done.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Welcome to the forum. The cosmetic stuff is generally easy. Even swapping out seats is not complicated. Adding functional features that require a special wiring harness and or the addition of controllers and specific hardware raises the difficulty considerably. Most functional features that are factory installed are baked into the build configuration of that car. The FORSCAN program becomes required to get the added feature edited into the build configuration of the car in order for the feature to work.
We REALLY should create a Fiesta buyers guide here to help people avoid buying a Fiesta that does NOT have the features that the particular person wanted.
With all Fiestas now being a used car, the idea that something can be easily added later should probably be discouraged and the reasons for it fully understood.
I would happily drive three hours in one direction to buy the car that has exactly the features that i want over buying a fiesta for sale down the street from my house that is not equipped with what I want! That six hours of driving is nothing compared to the cost and hassle of adding a functional feature to an undesirably equipped Fiesta.
The "S" trim level was created to get the msrp of Fiesta low enough to satisfy the price sensitive buyers who wanted a cheap commuter car. That tactic was a deviation from the original marketing plan for the Fiesta as a more premium small car that had class exclusive or leading features. The S package is not terrible. But, XM radio, power windows and nicer interior trims were not part of the plan for the buyers of those cars.

OP
PUNISHER7772
City
ASHLAND
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Fiesta S
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome......I get that and non of this is really needed just more curious if I see some parts really cheap. I understand what you mean about "buying what you want". I bought my last two brand new vehicles in Virginia which is a little more of a haul than you mentioned.
I have read that with the FOB you just need to program and add two fuses in the fuse box, have read a couple people mention cruise control can be added with just a wheel change (as long as it has the harness) and FORSCAN tweaking. Was just seeing if anyone has played around and what the success rate was. I believe what I was reading was people from UK region so like you mentioned maybe completely off the table here in the states. The Fiesta is just my winter beater/commuter, the attached picture is my toy with all the bells and whistles.

Attachments

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Ok!, you know what you want and have realistic expectations. I also have a Mustang, it's an antique one. Is the one you have a PPL2? I am trying to stay current on spotting the hot variants of my first favorite performance car.
The Fiesta sold in the U.K. could be had with rear parking sensors, rain sensing wipers and power folding for the outside mirrors, among a few other features that were never offered in America. They also have several petrol engines in addition to a diesel option.
The Fiesta for America is not a cheap car to repair or purchase new parts for. I like it for the size and the styling. Im not in love with many of the nannies that are baked into the product. I was a two time new Fiesta buyer and like the car but was disappointed in the purchase experience on several levels. My past purchase experiences of Mustangs was more positive in almost all the categories that were lacking with the Fiesta.

OP
PUNISHER7772
City
ASHLAND
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Fiesta S
Thread Starter #5
The Mustang is a 2018 PP1 with the MT-82. I also own a 1987 Mustang GT that I started building years ago but was put on hold due things I couldn't control and is in some need of restoring. That's another reason I bought the S550 a couple years ago. My son has a 1997 Mustang Cobra that is IRS swapped and T-56 swapped, it makes around 310rwhp. Engine already has forged internals and suspension work has been done as well. His next project is boosting it. So in the end I know how to tinker on cars just didn't want to put a lot of effort into some possible cheap upgrades on the Fiesta if it wasn't possible. I will try to post some links tomorrow of what I was reading and maybe you can tell me if it makes sense or possibly can be done.

OP
PUNISHER7772
City
ASHLAND
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Fiesta S
Thread Starter #6
scotman, check out these links I found. From what I've read here the key FOB and cruise should be fairly simple. I really don't think I would bother with the power windows, just another link I found.
I found a local guy parting one out, if the price is right might just grab the parts and see where it goes.

KEY FOB https://www.fiestafaction.com/threads/can-i-add-a-key-fob-to-my-fiesta-s.42786/
CRUISE CONTROL https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/37316-guide-fitting-cruise-control-aftermarket/
POWER WINDOWS https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/43131-guide-mk665-manual-to-electric-window-conversion/

City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Welcome to the forum

Its a bit tough looking on ford owners club just because the US spec and EU arent 1:1 besides being right hand drive. Even some of the body parts that look identical really arent on the inside. There are some US folks on there though that have had some success with some of the upgrades.

I recently started playing with forscan though and so far have had success just messing with a few codes. Not sure if you messed with them (or if they are availble) on the Mustang. Easy to use, reasonably priced tool.

Are you looking to upgrade to an ST like FOB?

OP
PUNISHER7772
City
ASHLAND
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Fiesta S
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome sunday....

I haven't used FORSCAN yet but though I would toy around with it this summer. I have been using the ELM327's for a while now though.
To answer your question on the FOB, don't really care what style/type it is. Would be nice to unlock the doors and pop the truck without a key.
It's kind of funny I grew up without them but after driving my old Focus over 100k over the past years it's something I kinda missed after buying the Fiesta a week ago.
Going to be honest......it's not a deal breaker by any means....if I went over 30 years without one I think I can get over it if it can't be done, going to call it more just being lazy.

On the cruise control option this was another one I came across, I believe this one is US based. https://www.fiestafaction.com/threads/2014-cruise-control-add-on.41372/

City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
That's actually pretty easy if it's just a steering wheel! It would have been nice if they would have included the module setting to turn on cruise control. But that means that its probably able to be enabled with plain english settings (You'll see that part of Forscan in the f150 guide.) Adding a backup cam through Forscan (i already have sync 2) has been a breeze, now i just need to install and wire the camera itself.

A few of my go to resources to help you get your feet wet, as well others that want to get into it
- Fiesta ST spreadsheet with module codes (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16AV73FgxPnA15FdD30WQj-2NpqInSXTlRvccwJIKZTk/edit#gid=0) Nothing in here on the CC settings
- Really well written guide from the F150 Community on how to use forscan and do backups (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit)