Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta handling pack M-FR3-FA is available again from Summit Racing...

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
There must have been a huge stock of these components in Europe! As a rule, non Mustang and F series parts just fade away after the end of the vehicle cycle.
Under $300 dollars and shipping cost is zip. fms-m-fr3-fa_xl.jpg [ATTACH=

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
That looks like a good deal for anybody needing a suspension refresh.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
If i get to keep my car, I might circle back and pick this up after January.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #4
Yup. The M-FR3-FA pack is the mac daddy of cheap+ Fresh. The price can't be beaten considering the springs are included. But, I wouldn't call them performance dampers.
The next steps up would be huge ones in overall quality and durability, plus a warranty
Im not sure that you could call this the stairway to shock absorber heaven, but if you throw out all of the subjective opinions and just go on price, this is roughly the price hierarchy for a set of premium dampers for the Fiesta.
Koni STR-T $ 340.00
Bilstein B6 $490.00
Bilstein B8 $506.00
Koni Sport $718.00
I think most people would agree that once you venture into the world of coilovers or custom double adjustables like Penske shocks for your Fiesta, you are an engineer and have a specific mission unrelated to a street driven car.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Yep... the Koni STR-Ts have been in my Summit cart for months. Got springs!!!

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #6
I think that would be a stellar combination. The STR-T is a much more compliant damper than the Bilstein B6. The B6 is a great damper. But it is a stiffer shock and has a bigger diameter piston. I would have guessed that it would be a closer match. But it feels, to me, more like a really good, traditional heavy duty damper. In either case, these dampers are a much more intensely engineered damper than any typical commodity grade replacement damper. And that includes the name brand aftermarket and O.E. dampers. Dampers, wheels, tires and fluids are all the places where you can choose the premium stuff and enjoy the benefits of what "expensive parts can do for a cheap car".