Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Engine oil

Dechassa

City
Addis
State
Non-US
Country
Ethiopia
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 2012
Hello, I am driving ford fiesta 2012 , 1250cc, but I am noticing that engine oil level is decreasing , since it is serviced. No leakage, or any smoke. What is the problem

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Crawl under the front of the car - look at the engine - behind the radiator - it should be an oil filter.

1672604634513.png

IF the oil filter is leaking - it may only leak when the engine runs - so oil is pumped under pressure if the filter is not tight or correct - the seal will leak but only when engine is running and maybe if it sits you might find the extra drips form under the car is it finishes the drip.

Else the engine might be leaking in a spot you can't see - like the top rear sides - like a valve cover seal is bad.

Check color of the radiator fluid in the coolant tank - if it's looking dirty and not like it used to - then oil might be leaking past a bad gasket into the coolant - requiring service.

Last edited: