Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

coolant level drop - head gasket ??

kappclark

City
West Townshend
State
VT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
2013 ford fiesta... 145K ... coolant level seems to drop after driving ... I have checked underneath for leaks -- none spotted... cld the coolant be finding its way out via the engine ??

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Have you been monitoring the coolant level and know how much coolant is being lost per week or per miles?
With 145,000 miles, i would be looking at the hoses, water pump, coolant reservoir and radiator for signs of weeping coolant ie; very minor seepage. Have you looked at the floor or ground where you park your fiesta most often at work and home? Not knowing what maintenance has been done in the last three years, any of the things I mentioned could be the culprit.
These kinds of situations are impossible for anyone to exactly diagnose on a website. But, there are threads on this site that have discussion of the problems of that area.