Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Car radio problems.

Jo Ann

City
Waterford
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta SE
I have a 2012 Fiesta SE. I had an after market Sirius radio installed. After awhile I heard loud static and loud pops at times and then the radio and sirius radio cut out and would not play. Waited overnight and they both worked fine. Several weeks ago I had horrible ear piercing static coming from the car with both radios off. Even with the car shut off the static was still there and was so loud you could hear it outside with the door shut. I had the radio fuse taken out and now no static but also no radio. When I tried to turn on the radio when the static stopped, nothing happened. I even set off the static when I opened my car trunk. Service guy thought it had to do with the car's alarm system. I hit a deer several months ago and wonder if it jarred a wire or something loose.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like the hear the radio again. Stressful experience

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
IT requires taking the dashboard apart, starting with the top trim above the backup camera APIM unit.

Then once the radio is exposed and open - you can examine the harness and the APIM unit.

The connectors may have come loose, or even the AM/FM Radio antenna may have gotten water in it and has now failed - the antenna has an amp in it powered by the radio.

Radio side
1668080718871.png
Now the Antenna...
1668127958095.png
So, you know, many of these cables are now discontinued.
So, you'll have to take it apart, examine and assess then decide if it's worth pursuing the fix - else like many of our drivers - they just take along a Bluetooth speaker and run the "radio" thru it and the chargers 12V adapter to charge it and the phones APP playing the station as a streaming device.

Last edited:
OP
Jo Ann

Jo Ann

City
Waterford
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #3
It sounds like a drawn-out ordeal. Best Buy installed the Sirius radio and the antenna wire is exposed right where the trunk opens. Last winter there was a cube of ice around the wire and I had to clear it off. Not a good place to install the antenna wire where it is exposed to the elements.