Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Caliber paint

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
There are wheel shops that can do it. I don't know what they use.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Duplicolor makes a specific high temperature paint that is fairly easy to use. VHT brand also is out there. But i have never used it. DupliColor-Caliper-Paint-1.jpg

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Duplicolor makes a specific high temperature paint that is fairly easy to use. VHT brand also is out there. But i have never used it. View attachment 5789
Need to paint these things. Tired of the look so time to fancy them up. What’s the best paint for it?
I have used VHT brand for many applications a long time ago...so it worked great back then...so unless the quality has dropped I recommend VHT brand. But like any application, prep is everything. It takes a lot work to get the calipers pristine-clean to paint. I have done it on-the-car before (obviously easier off the car, but...I never like to break a hose connection when it is working.) Back the pucks off and take out the pads, lots of Brakleen, and then tape off the pucks, seals, nipples, and hose connections. Primer is a must with hot surfaces...so VHT prime first, then color. It looks great when done right.

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
I had painted mine a- two tone - one for the cradle, the other for the piston housing - but watch out for rocks and road hazards - because they will beat up your paint job. Brake dust adds to this too - so if you race a lot - the cleaning off and the eventual "stain and discoloration" you get from the Heat cool cycle's takes their toll - high heat paints work but they too can chip.

IMO - to me Ceramics are overrated - they require a prep that if not done right over an annual phase of times - it' may be easier to just remove-pull off and throw out the old painted assembly and put on a new one - then start over - layering on as possible.

The seals don't take too kindly to stripping solvents like ketones in solvents like MEK or Toluene - might as well sandblast it off then repaint - again a seal issue.

Even a "durable" like ceramics' claims to be, they only last as long as the road and lifestyle you live - let's them look like they do - as long as they can survive it..

Some people never get off the street and onto the country roads, so obviously a good paint wears longer - it's when you go off roading or onto the track does the paint job show how good it got put on. Good surface prep is a must - washing it off with a good solvent to remove the loose rust - it's a pull off and detail-it sort of thing so there is some assembly and bleeding that has to happen for the process - and the errors of assembly show up if you're not careful. So do the job, right, and you won't crash it.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I like the ease of refinishing the high temperature paint provides. To me, a "durable finnish" is a year or maybe two if it is on something like a brake caliper.