Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Belt with/ without a/c

City
lebanon
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta
My a/c compressor has seized up. I have found two belts, 1 with a/c and 1 without. Is it possible to install the without a/c on an a/c engine?

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Non-a/c will be too short. The a/c belt needs extra length to go around the added pump.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I realize it will be short, that is the point. I want to bypass the a/c
Oh....well if you remove pump, yes. You can try to fit it with the pump in place, but I imagine the pump will interfere with the shorter belt.

OP

City
lebanon
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta
Thread Starter #5
Oh....well if you remove pump, yes. You can try to fit it with the pump in place, but I imagine the pump will interfere with the shorter belt.
Thanks.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I understand that ford had offered a simple pulley on a cast aluminum bracket. It allows you to use the same belt size. Ron at whoosh motorsports in Vegas offers this reboot version of the B spec a/c delete pulley and belt kit.
I will try to find the Dorman number for a similar dummy pulley and bracket. It was $45 or 50 bucks and the belt size remains the same, if i recall correctly.
I don't recognize the bracket shown with the belt. Our fiestas have a compressor that is attached to the engine block with four bolts , as seen in this image of the compressor mounted in place. Given the arrangement of the bolts, the dummy pulley should look more like this Dorman number 34298 part in the bottom image.
AC_delete_kit_FORD_PARTS_1024x1024.jpeg 20210527_160510.jpg 81n0S1a6nxL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Last edited: