Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Apple CarPlay

City
Tulsa
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta hatchback
I have a 2013 fiesta hatchback and would like to know if a after market Apple CarPlay unit would work on a generation 1 Version version 4.1.3. b work on it. If so does anyone have any recommendation?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I have a 2013 fiesta hatchback and would like to know if a after market Apple CarPlay unit would work on a generation 1 Version version 4.1.3. b work on it. If so does anyone have any recommendation?
I would lean toward saying no. Apple carplay is a Sync 3 feature that was added to the menu in an upgrade shortly after it was introduced.
I have been keeping my eye out for an aftermarket head unit that will replace the whole O.E. first generation sync set-up. I have seen an aftermarket face panel for non u.s. non sync DIN 1 radio installs. None of that is compatible with what we have.
I really want a mp3/ am-fm /reverse camera within a DIN-2 size display.

Last edited:
OP
V
City
Tulsa
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
I would lean toward saying no. Apple carplay is a Sync 3 feature that was added to the menu in an upgrade shortly after it was introduced.
I have been keeping my eye out for an aftermarket head unit that will replace the whole O.E. first generation sync set-up. I have seen an aftermarket face panel for non u.s. non sync DIN 1 radio installs. None of that is compatible with what we have.
I really want a mp3/ am-fm /reverse camera within a DIN-2 size display.
Thank you for replying. I just want to be able to get navigation as is hard for me to hear straight from the phone. If you find anything, I would appreciate it if you could post details.

OP
V
City
Tulsa
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
Thank you for replying. I just want to be able to get navigation as is hard for me to hear straight from the phone. If you find anything, I would appreciate it if you could post details.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I fully understand what you are saying! Even with sync3, the best navigation i can get is the phone Navi screen cabled into the Sync3 screen. Just the map display. The audio turn by turn is still pumped out of the smartphone speaker.
I might have some issues with my beat up phone that is preventing me from getting the audio through the speakers. So, I am not going to give up until I get the next new phone in late July.

OP
V
City
Tulsa
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #6
Just got a new iPhone 8 plus so I have hopes that I will eventually figure out way to get sound from my radio

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You should be able to select "audio input" through the menu and then cable it from the I phone. That's what the tiny round headphone input jack is for to the left of the USB.

Attachments