Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

anyone know if 2011 fiesta front bumper bar fit on '09 model?

jsssmills

City
melbourne
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2009 Ford fiesta
would the front bumper off a 2011 ford fiesta fit my 2009 fiesta ??

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Most large wrecking yards are able to determine year to year interchangeable parts. I am not sure if Hollander is in your part of the world. But, here in the states are widely used in used parts business

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Hmmm...

To help...

Look at your bumper and the bumper you're going to replace it with.

In USA, they might not, due to a makeover of a change in bumper crash member height.

They didn't sell fiestas in USA until 2011...

They raised the height of the crash absorber part, so we don't have a "Full Grille" as if it were the earlier models. Instead, we have the "Grille", but it is missing the bottom half of the ventilation it's blackout trim - it covers up the crash brace.

Example 2011 - 2013

AE8Z-8200-KAPTM

1647909137721.png

Then the ASTON - Martin - fiasco...

Gave USA this...
1647909306057.png
Totally redesigned - #17 is that adapted Crash Member

To help FORD maintain 5-Star crash testing.
So, they totally did away with the more esoteric and ergonomic and aerodynamic front piece and went with a grille design that tends to "cover" the redesigned front crash member rebuild that took over from 2014 on...

There are some things we just cannot answer - but - there ya' go...

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Here's a Side By Side...

1647910547835.png
The hood made a "seamless" mesh with the front piece in 2009 - but in 2011 - they went with an Insert - with the Hood still same shape and meets in the same area - but the bumper/crash members were changed during these production years. Round Fogs were replaced with Triangular inserts - which they reverted back to rounds in 2013 more in line with Ford Focus rounds with "cutout" trim - to name just a couple - but either way, the "Bumper skirt" is different - and the Hood's "Notch for the Emblem" is evident in the 09, but not in the 11' onwards.