Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Adding Symposer?

City
So Cal
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta S 1998 Ford ZX2
I was checking out Fiesta Faction where I came across a post where a member suggested adding the ST symposer to a base Fiesta. Now I know alot of the ST drivers delete their symposer because they don't like the acoustics of it, as well as it being a potential boost leak source. With that said, would it be possible to add a symposer to the base Fiesta? I imagine that the acoustics in the cabin would sound different with our naturally aspirated engines. Would drilling a hole in the intake, attaching the symposer, and routing it to towards the firewall be the way to do it. I would like to hear everyone's opinions, good or bad on this.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I removed the sound-deading blanket from under the hood. More sound = gooder for me. I am not big on "noise," but I did like hearing the motor a bit more.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
A symposer sounds like a lot of work. It's a thing hooked to the intake that pipes sound through a vibrating membrane into the cabin. I removed mine. The sound it makes with all the aftermarket intake parts is quite ornery.
I'd follow Lions Tooth's advice. Take off the under hood insulation and maybe add a cold air intake and see if that's enough for you.