Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Coco mats for Ford Fiesta! A modern take on a vintage accessory...

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Coconut fiber woven floormats are a throwback item. Super durable, highly absorbent and classically stylish.
It is a natural product that is custom made to order in Cocomats factory in Fort Mill S. Carolina.
They offer an amazing variety of colors and patterns in the traditional woven coconut fiber as well as a seagrass material and an Agave' cactus fiber material, for all you Tequila fans out there!
I will be sending them a set of the factory carpet mats and a paper mock up of the drivers side front mat that i want them to create.
From the pattern and mats i send them, they will be able to do any variation of material into some high quality floor mats for the Fiesta. The biggest single problem will be choosing the style, material spec and colors!
These will look great in the Jolly, and give it's owner the ability to quickly pull out the mat and shake the sand loose to clean up the floors.
A youtube video of jay leno discussing these with the owner of www.cocomats.com is easily found on Youtube by simply searching for "cocomats/jay lenos garage".
I want this pinpoint pattern black/blue coco mat material for my 2011 Fiesta.
I first saw this type of mat in my dads Triumph TR6. He liked them enough to also get them for his Triumph spitfire and also the Fiat X/19 that was his final toy.
blackbluecloseup.jpg
Black-orange-106.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Coconut fiber woven floormats are a throwback item. Super durable, highly absorbent and classically stylish.
It is a natural product that is custom made to order in Cocomats factory in Fort Mill S. Carolina.
They offer an amazing variety of colors and patterns in the traditional woven coconut fiber as well as a seagrass material and an Agave' cactus fiber material, for all you Tequila fans out there!
I will be sending them a set of the factory carpet mats and a paper mock up of the drivers side front mat that i want them to create.
From the pattern and mats i send them, they will be able to do any variation of material into some high quality floor mats for the Fiesta. The biggest single problem will be choosing the style, material spec and colors!
These will look great in the Jolly, and give it's owner the ability to quickly pull out the mat and shake the sand loose to clean up the floors.
A youtube video of jay leno discussing these with the owner of www.cocomats.com is easily found on Youtube by simply searching for cocomats/jay lenos garage".
I want this pinpoint pattern black/blue coco mat material for my 2011 Fiesta.
I first saw this type of mat in my dads Triumph TR6. He liked them enough to also got them for his Triumph spitfire and also the Fiat X/19 that was his final toy.
View attachment 5952
View attachment 5950
Black/yellow #52 a must!

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #3
If i had a Green Envy ST, the lime green&black Checkered pattern ones would already be in the car.
I think the checkered pattern or the pinpoint pattern in black and orange would look pretty damn good with the magnetic grey if some items like the mirror caps and roof center panel and rear spoiler were painted the orange spice color. Grey can work with several colors.

Last edited:
OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #4
I placed an order for a pair of front mats in black with blue background. It will be a month or so before they ship out. blackbluecloseup.jpg

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #7
Yeah. But, these mats are made to order. You can specify not just the material and color. You can get the edge finnish binding in a contrasting color. You can also make a paper template and have a custom dimension mat done. The possible variations are mind boggling.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Maybe this set for my car one day...

1654045572383.png

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #9
And they will fit perfectly into whatever Fiesta ST you chose to step into in the future!

kappclark

City
West Townshend
State
VT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
$ 250 ! Just paid $4.77 for gas, so I must defer on these obviously HIGH quality mats ..

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #11
They can be that much, or less. Or much more than $250. When the Fiesta was launched many people thought that it was missing the higher quality touches.
I always use the Mini Cooper and the Fiat 500 Abarth as comparative products. They both were available in a higher trim level than the Fiesta was and also had a wide variety of accessories available. Ford really dropped the ball regarding accessories. Of course, they later complained that they didn't make any profit on the Fiesta. But the reality is that they really didn't try to make any money on the Fiesta!

Last edited:
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
I haven't been in too many Minis but the Fiat's interior is definitely cheaper feeling than the Fiesta's.

Hot Pepper Red is a harder color to choose interior stuff for... Red, or Orange, depends on the light! I end up leaning to gray/silver to match the seat stitching.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #13
Yeah. I am aiming for a small touch of color in the floor mats and the black leather shifter boot with blue French stitched seams.
But the predominate colors are black and charcoal gray.
I found a genuine walnut shift knob. Going to let Redline goods do a black napa leather wrap on the steering wheel.
All in for everything the mats, leather boot, leather steering wheel wrap and a walnut shift knob is just under $500. If i keep the car five years that breaks down to 100 bucks a year or $8.33 a month. I call that a cost /value concept is how i view these kinds of purchase decisions. These things are not really very costly when you take a long term consideration of the cost.

Last edited:
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
I'm not really worried about the cost, It'd be worth it just to get in and just have one more thing to be happy about. I have the factory rubber mats, I bought them to save the carpeted ones from wear, but look good they do not.

Looking forward to seeing how well they can get them to fit.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #15
Images of the new Cocomats coming soon! I was just notified that they have been shipped out this morning.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #16
Here it is. They fit the floors perfectly. Including the attaching grommets on the driver's side mat.
I will post some better pics of the mats later today. The sun is very bright and is washing out the contrast of the dark interior color. 20220618_120818.jpg 20220618_121231.jpg 20220618_121214.jpg 20220618_193711.jpg 20220618_193642.jpg

Last edited:

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #19
So far. They are not lightweight. These also have a rubber backing and gripper nibs.
I dont think any of the ones my dad put in his cars had a backing or nibs.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Does this reinforce ribbing and rest - does it affect your ability to shift or were your feet able to automatically compensate for this?

Why do I ask?

Being a "gear grabber" - something on the floorboards can goof up a shift or stopping point.

Wanted to know because of some of my experiences in $WD (ahemn) vehicles using a stick - that stiffer rubber in winter created issues with the ability to keep the foot able to stay on the pedals for braking - else the expected grip you thought you'd have for a gentler braking - made you shove the pedal to the floor generating a skid instead. Because there was no grip against the carpet - it slid your heel instead.

Unless you're expecting the effect, a snow-filled shoe would easily slide across the rubber. No grip.