The nimble, sixth-generation Ford Fiesta subcompact sedan or hatchback features optional high-tech features and personal touches that may please millennial consumers. New for 2016 is the availability of Ford?s latest-generation Sync 3 infotainment system. A Fiesta redesign is slated for the 2018 model year.
Below are five fast facts about the 2016 Ford Fiesta:
- The Fiesta hatchback and sedan come in S, SE, Titanium, or ST (hatchback only) trim levels. A palette of 10 colors is offered, along with personalization treatments such as a Lower Door Stripe Graphic package and leather-trimmed seats. SE trim is available with Black and Appearance packages. Sporty performance is offered in the race-car-inspired Fiesta ST.
- The 2016 Fiesta features a Ford first: an optional EcoBoost 3-cylinder 1.0-liter engine makes 123 horsepower and is is EPA-rated at 43 mpg on the highway. Standard power for the Fiesta comes from a 120-horsepower, 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine. A turbocharged, 1.6-liter EcoBoost engine in the Fiesta ST produces 197 horsepower and 202 lb.-ft. of torque; the engine is mated with a 6-speed manual transmission. A PowerShift 6-speed automatic is available on some 2016 Fiesta trims.
- Connectivity is emphasized in the 2016 Ford Fiesta, available with the improved Sync 3 multimedia system with 6.5-in. touch screen and improved voice recognition. A rearview camera, navigation system with traffic and travel links, and an upscale audio system from Sony are new options.
- Optional interior treatments include leather-trimmed heated seats, selections of ambient lighting, Cold Weather package on SE trim with heated front seats, auto climate control, and heated mirrors.
- In crash tests conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the 2016 Fiesta earned 4 of 5 stars in frontal collision and rollover tests. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) gave the 2016 Fiesta its highest-possible ?Good? rating in frontal, side, rear, and roof-strength tests, but ?Marginal? in the small overlap frontal crash test.