Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

4.5 years and 41,000 miles

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Great!
There are a couple of parts that don't age very well.
The most important one being the coolant reservoir. They are not expensive to buy. But, if they burst or crack and you do not see the leaking from it, the engine will overheat and expire.
Many of us have replaced this part to prevent the overheating disaster.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Good to hear. Just keep the fluids changed and enjoy the great handling and fuel savings.

OP
G
City
Baytown
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #4
RE the coolant tank, I noticed another poster wrote:

I believe the coolant reservoir was only an issue pre 2014, there was a recall on them. No issue believe from 2014 onwards.

I am hoping it has since been resolved (mine is a 2017).

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Ford evidently didn't tell the reservoir on my 16 Fiesta ST! It purged it's contents onto the freeway when it blew the last time.

OP
G
City
Baytown
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #7
After looking a little deeper, I ran across this from another source:

The potential vehicles it affects are those with a build date between 2/6/10 - 20/12/14 and with a vehicle ID number between WF0AXXWPMACS52904 and WF0UXXWPGUEA27692. There is actually a recall on this issue, not just a TSB. Recall number 10-B-19

There was more said but that was the pertinent part. That also seems to concur with what Hackney said. Again I am NOT disagreeing, just compiling information. I still have not found exact info from Ford yet.