Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2014 ford fiesta timing belt replacement (perform misfire monitor neurtral correction procedure )

Tom gee

City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Ford fiesta
i have just purchased this car and want to replace timeing belt going over the procedure
trying to understand what this procedure is

perform misfire monitor neutral correction procedure .

also is there any rec on a scanner that would help me to diag and troubleshoot in the future

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The procedure you inquired about will need an enhanced scan tool with the capacity to perform engine management calibration and system tests. There are videos on Youtube than can give you an overview of the particulars of some specific scan tools.
I can highly recommend the Innova 5610 scan tool. It is a feature rich device. But don't mistake broad capability as something that will tell you what part you need and how to install it.
Some problems that are displayed as a MIL code are not a result of the failure of the named component. There are frequently other root cause conditions that have a side effect of creating a MIL. All the same, these diagnostic tools are a godsend that will have you buying a special storage case in a short time. These tools are my most valued residents of the tool box. I purchased the Innova 5610 for under $350 dollars and have no regrets.

OP
T

Tom gee

City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Ford fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Awesome is it specific for just the gord or can I use it for other vehicles
Thanks

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You can select manufacturers. Gord, shiverlay, outtie ,jaygewarr or even ass ton martini!

OP
T

Tom gee

City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Ford fiesta
Thread Starter #5
ok thank u im gonna do some research but appreciate your helpfullness

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Ok. Dont be intimidated by the idea of diy service in this area! There are loads of how to videos on youtube.
There are a few other tools needed to do that timing belt job. But they are not super expensive. For instance, the serpentine belt is a stretchy type and needs a tool to smoothly guide the old belt off the pulleys and the new belt onto the pulleys.
First image is of the Dayco kit for the belt.
The second image is of a deluxe kit for service of the timing belt. I chose this image that described each tools purpose. You can easily get each of them alone or you probably can rent them from some of the parts stores that offer tool rental. 96700-05621100-1546135.jpg s762132934266912825_p1_i3_w640.png

OP
T

Tom gee

City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Ford fiesta
Thread Starter #7