Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2014 fiesta ... no reverse intermittant p090c

Tom gee

City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Ford fiesta
Hey there im having a issue with my car and seem to be stuck with no help from anyone I reach out too .. I get the response .. ure screwed .. junk the car.. park it ...
2014 fiesta 150 k

The other day it started to to throw a check eng lite .. by the time I got home eng was revving .. kinda felt as if it was slipping some weird clacking noises coming from trans ...
Scan check p090c
Clutch b low circuit ...
I removed both actuators and swapped ...no diff code clears then re appears .. reverse is there when I clear .. bit after drive no reverse.
Checked and clean grounds .. all the ones I could access..
Everyone is telling me it's a tcm...
Which are severely backordered .. can even get one to try to see if it's the prob
Grasping at straws here ...hoping someone can give me some guidance
Cheers
Tom

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Check the grounds again! Did you remove the battery and tray to get at the multiple ground connections that reside under the battery. I ask that question because of the extra effort that's required to even get a good look at them!
If they have not been closely inspected, clean them and once they are known to be "clean and tight", then coat the connections with a generous amount of petroleum jelly.

OP
T

Tom gee

City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Ford fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Check the grounds again! Did you remove the battery and tray to get at the multiple ground connections that reside under the battery. I ask that question because of the extra effort that's required to even get a good look at them!
If they have not been closely inspected, clean them and once they are known to be "clean and tight", then coat the connections with a generous amount of petroleum jelly.

OP
T

Tom gee

City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Ford fiesta
Thread Starter #4
Ok will look at that was trying to find a wiring diagram to see where they all are ...
Ford will warranty the
Tcm ... but the question is when will they get it ...

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Ok will look at that was trying to find a wiring diagram to see where they all are ...
Ford will warranty the
Tcm ... but the question is when will they get it ...
Clean and protect those grounds first. Then get your battery load tested. Once you eliminate all the other possible causes you can begin to worry about that TCM. Do you know that your fiesta has received the updates and TSB's that were available in the last five years?
I have to ask those questions! These things must be approached and dealt with in an organized manner. Modern cars are complex, sorting through problems to get to root causes is rarely ever successful by just blindly stabbing at them in the dark.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tom gee

City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Ford fiesta
Thread Starter #6
I have no idea about any updates I have only had car for a 1.5 years ... I will load test battery

OP
T

Tom gee

City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Ford fiesta
Thread Starter #7
The vehicle is under warranty but dealer did not check for updates they just put me on the list for a module and thats it..
What am I checking with the battery .. I have not had battery issues ...
If I put in a used tcm .. do I need to go to ford to program the used module..

OP
T

Tom gee

City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 Ford fiesta
Thread Starter #8
I have replaced the tcm with a scrap yard one .. fingers crossed it lasts ... codes gone and drives with no issues ...

City
Grand ronde
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 ford fiesta
Hey there im having a issue with my car and seem to be stuck with no help from anyone I reach out too .. I get the response .. ure screwed .. junk the car.. park it ...
2014 fiesta 150 k

The other day it started to to throw a check eng lite .. by the time I got home eng was revving .. kinda felt as if it was slipping some weird clacking noises coming from trans ...
Scan check p090c
Clutch b low circuit ...
I removed both actuators and swapped ...no diff code clears then re appears .. reverse is there when I clear .. bit after drive no reverse.
Checked and clean grounds .. all the ones I could access..
Everyone is telling me it's a tcm...
Which are severely backordered .. can even get one to try to see if it's the prob
Grasping at straws here ...hoping someone can give me some guidance
Cheers
Tom
I had my tcm replaced like 2 weeks ago and it was fast at getting the tcm but same problem with me code p090c no reverse and jerks when shifting in first gear and second I cleaned the battery grounds still having the problem