Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2011 Fiesta SES

Tpope

City
Jasper
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SES
Hey all, I've had my car since 2016 and have just had general maintenance. It started last year, but every time I take it to a shop there are NO codes relating to the engine at all and it runs fine. On start up SOMETIMES, its not even guaranteed, it will slightly hesitate to start, then fire up fine. It will either start at < 1k RPM or go to 1200 then come back to 1000. When this occurs its on the first start of the day. I have had my Spark plugs replaced and timing belt done in October. I took it to a shop in January and they cleaned the MAF sensor and the throttle body, and they stated both were dirty. I do not have a Check Engine light on. The shop today only found codes related to the SYNC system. I'm leaving it overnight on Sunday to hopefully replicate the issue on Monday. Any insight would be helpful

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It might have a cps that is failing or has some signal power issue like loose wire. Or you might have a throttle position sensor signal issue. Ideally, i would have an enhanced scan tool plugged in and booted up before I cranked the engine. Freeze frame data or pid files might reveal what it was doing.

OP
T

Tpope

City
Jasper
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SES
Thread Starter #3
It might have a cps that is failing or has some signal power issue like loose wire. Or you might have a throttle position sensor signal issue. Ideally, i would have an enhanced scan tool plugged in and booted up before I cranked the engine. Freeze frame data or pid files might reveal what it was doing.
The shop today did all that, they legit found nothing of the sort When i drop it off ill mention that on the sheet for them as well as checking the terminals/grounds just in case. I appreciate your assistance, this thing is a mystery

OP
T

Tpope

City
Jasper
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SES
Thread Starter #4
My charging system came up good too along with the battery, which i think i stated earlier. Cars are ridiculous.

OP
T

Tpope

City
Jasper
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SES
Thread Starter #5
I have zero acceleraton issues, she gets up and goes as much as a fiesta can. No odd noises or anything either

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Sounds like you are ahead of the curve on maintenance! You might want to do yourself a favor and get a new coolant reservoir. My 2016 ST has already had one burst. It's a very critical part that is also not expensive. When it pops, you go from cruising along minding your own to standing at the side of the road. It really sucks.

OP
T

Tpope

City
Jasper
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SES
Thread Starter #7
Sounds like you are ahead of the curve on maintenance! You might want to do yourself a favor and get a new coolant reservoir. My 2016 ST has already had one burst. It's a very critical part that is also not expensive. When it pops, you go from cruising along minding your own to standing at the side of the road. It really sucks.
I actually just did a coolant flush and everything was great on that front, Thanks for looking out :)

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
No. The reservoirs dont age well. If its turned yellow and scum is inside, get rid of it. The tow truck will cost fifty times more than the new reservoir.

OP
T

Tpope

City
Jasper
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SES
Thread Starter #9
Oh gotcha, thankfully mine is not like that at all. I will keep an eye out
No. The reservoirs dont age well. If its turned yellow and scum is inside, get rid of it. The tow truck will cost fifty times more than the new reservoir.[/