Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2011 1.4 zetec

City
Colwyn Bay
State
Non-US
Country
Wales
What I Drive
2011 ford fiesta 1.4 zetec automat
Flat battery \ changed for New battery -stil not charging battery? Changed Alternator- still not charging battery above 13 volts. Been told it could be the ECU.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Are you able to check the Battery 12 Positive terminal Buss?

The Red Cover...

1620684921384.png
There is a series of small clear plastic fuse block terminals on a strip that branches off the Battery Positive
IF the Alternator or Starter Solenoids' was ever grounded out - the Buss is designed to run the vehicle but protect the rest of the electrical - so if the Alternator Buss fuse link blew, the engine still runs and starts but won't charge - it may not set a trouble code or even a dashboard light - because the ECM retrieves Alternator charge status thru a separate wire (it monitors) from the main Buss BEFORE it arrives back to the battery to recharge.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Here's a "survival method"..

When this is performed, exercise caution to prevent shorts, fire or electrical damage ...

This is for INSPECTION - if repairs are to be performed - REMOVE BATTERY NEGATIVE CABLE
disconnect the battery before attempting any sort of repair.

1620687230156.png

Once you remove the cover...
You will see this...

1620687363964.png

Detailed...
1620687648466.png

Inspect and if needed perform a Continuity or a Voltage Tester check
to make sure all the bolts receive power from the 12V Positive
NOTE Large RED cable is Alternator and Starter Solenoid cable
1620688008051.png

Last edited: