Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2003 Fiesta coil pack bolt wanted

City
Colchester
State
AZ
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2003 Fiesta
Hi all, a big hello to all from a newby, I'm hoping that someone can help me track down a hex headed coil pack bolt for my 2003 Fiesta ? For the past 2 weeks I've searched everywhere without luck, then i was recommended this site, hoping i strike lucky. Thanks all !
11/02/2023. Anyone ???

Last edited:
City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Can you provide some more information about your vehicle?
Engine size? preferably the engine family if known, and or petrol or diesel
Sedan or hatch?
Also, does it look like the part marked 56903? to mount the coil pack?
forduk.png

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
They may have a different engine code meaning it may be a Duratec of earlier version versus the Sigma motor Fiesta uses in the US.

So the Hex head you're looking for has been superseded by a self-tapping coarse thread bolt they also use for the US version of the Throttle Body to the Intake Manifold bolts.

The concern comes from the LENGTH the bolt needs to be - so if you can find a local source of similar thread bolts, we'd like to know the size and length you acquired in mm to help the rest of us.

One type is the older type and is a simple Hex-head bolt while another, which is the newer, is a coarse threaded M5 Hex SOCKET head type which needs a Torx wrench versus a socket wrench.

1676242179329.png
In the above YT shot the older HEX bolts are seized and so the plastic broke off from the case.

YT link here...

This was all done due to issues of seizing of the bolt to the cylinder head flange that stuck out the side of the cylinder head for mounting and tapped to fit those bolts, sometimes they can be reused but due to the dissimilar metal galvanic corrosion issue, they came up with a plated and coated bolts to replace them.

1676241039120.png

Product Specifications
Brand Genuine Ford
Base No. 56903
Manufacturer Part Number CM5Z-00813-B
Part Description Screw
Other Names Ignition Coil Screw
Manufacturer Note M5 x 25MM
Item Weight 0.50 Pounds
Condition New
Fitment Type Direct Replacement
Replaces CM5Z-813-B
Require Quantity 4
Manufacturer Ford
SKU CM5Z-00813-B

As far as I can tell, the new bolts are to replace the older fitted by thread and pitch - bolts from the OEM.

Note the replacement bolt is coarse thread but it's shank is designed to fit the hole the finer pitch threaded bolts they replaced, used.

Last edited: