Welcome to the #1 Ford Ranger Forum and Ford Ranger community dedicated to Ford Ranger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Ranger Forum today!

1993 Ranger - Heat abruptly stopped during normal operation !

sjerseyj

I could really use some help with this (I have a ?93 3.0L with factory air)?.I was cruising along on a cold day with the heater blowing out plenty of heat, then about 40 minutes into my trip, I started to notice that cool, then cold air started to come out of the floor and console vents. I tried shutting off the heat, and moving the heating controls around, but no heat. Vehicle temperature range was fine (right in the middle of the temp gauge) and I didn?t notice any other issues. Checks of heater hoses found both of them hot. Additionally total flush of the system occurred around a year before and the heater core, along with thermostat, were replaced at that time as well.

After some research, I noted that there were discussions around heater control valves or heater control door issues when this problem arose when everything else seemed to be working OK, but when I went to look for the related parts for the 1993 model year, I couldn?t find anything specific to this. Does the 1993 3.0 engine have a heater control valve? If not, what regulates the heat output, a heater ?blend? door mechanism? Any thoughts, insights and/or part numbers would be most appreciated?.