Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Second attempt at 7k flash

OP
Mercurios2011

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Thread Starter #2
If yall pay attention the Car clearly cuts off at 6500k even with an open limiter of 7k .
I have done some research and a spark energizer with racing spark plugs may help me achieve my goal with of course another flash after installing.
BRISK RACING is what I have found compatible with the 1.6Ti Vct non turbo, while any upgrades will be on hold till after holidays ,I would like to hear suggestions :D

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I would think that bumping the rev limiter, even if it's only 350 rpms, would be a part of the planned work on any reflash. It should be right up there on the must do list with more fuel and more timing!
Otherwise, there isn't much point in spending the money. If we can't get better camshafts and improved gearing.

OP
Mercurios2011

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Thread Starter #5
I would think that bumping the rev limiter, even if it's only 350 rpms, would be a part of the planned work on any reflash. It should be right up there on the must do list with more fuel and more timing!
Otherwise, there isn't much point in spending the money. If we can't get better camshafts and improved gearing.
Yes sir ,it went from 6200k stock to 6500k, the fist time however i had the revs locked at 6500k .
The second time I opened them and to my surpise still peaked at 6500k.
I been able to find dyno sheets from tuning shops over in Asia where max hp is at 6800k, 7k i ever seen was the one from South America ,now one of his last videos from almost 8 years ago had the following mods in the description :

4 to 1 long tube headers
R2c CAI
Brisk Spark enegerziser with LsG plugs also Brisk
Battery stabler
And High performance spark plugs wires
Powerboost did the flash

They fucus on quite advance Ignition timing like you mentioned with a rich AFR (11.5 to 1) on 91 Octane to achieve 7k

Yall should look him up on YT under Rick Chichar channel

Now if i ever do cams i would go the Pumaspeed route with modified cylinder heads a stiffer suspension and bronze clutch to handle the Xtra power ... but I doubt ill ever do that ,I be happy if can get 150hp and leave the car be at that point and just focus on handling and appearance .

OP
Mercurios2011

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Thread Starter #7
As yall can see both charts below these cars favor going past 6200K to make more power.

I contacted Superchips USA a while back and they said nothing was compatible for tuning at the time unlike their UK division (Bluefin) , then a few months ago I contacted BR performance to see about getting a file service , but their response was they only tune in house , they have 19 tuning shops including one Guadalupe Island and one in Guyana in South America but not a single one in the US.
On the left is clear max power is at 6625 while on the right is around 6750kish (intake and exhaust system) , then there is that 3rd chart 131 whp 6500K or roughly 157ish Hp at crank, with this information is clear that 2011 have the same potential as the 2012+ years with the factory friendly PCM , there was another one sadly no chart where claims 125wHP(150ish crank) and 111 tq , which tells me he compromising torque in exchange for high rpm power ,but he is running an Apex i Neo piggyback with bolts ons ,matter fact it was Rick SES Fiesta from South America, im still looking as there is is more charts with different AFRs runing stock internals,once I get mine dyno hopefully soon, we can compare and maybe everyone on here can find useful comparison for their own fiestas according their mods :D
1701619231211.png 1701619551512.png 1701634299336.png
131.3 HP on wheel~

Mods:

Catcams camshaft
J1 Intake
Milltek exhaust system
Superchips Bluefin for std cams ,Rev limit 7000

Last edited: