Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

New chapter on an old project

City
Durham
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta Titanium
Well, it had to happen eventually. After a few good months of big turbo I blew it up. Don’t know what all went down as I’m not to knowledgeable in diagnostics, but when I saw that turbine I knew she was done.
Time to regroup and rebuild with what’s salvageable and maybe even replace the block. Let’s see what happens I guess

Attachments

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Maybe you could post a few pics of setup you ran spread out on the floor.

OP
Jackwaggon22
City
Durham
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta Titanium
Thread Starter #3
Maybe you could post a few pics of setup you ran spread out on the floor.
I’ll have to go to the dealership, o dropped the car off today and that turbine is what I was shown. They are checking the damage and how deep it went. I’ll ask if they can give me details on what they find

OP
Jackwaggon22
City
Durham
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta Titanium
Thread Starter #4
I’ll have to go to the dealership, o dropped the car off today and that turbine is what I was shown. They are checking the damage and how deep it went. I’ll ask if they can give me details on what they find
Ok, so results are in. Turbo ate itself and luckily only the manifold and exhaust ( along with a few bits and pieces) were not salvageable. But as a precaution they recommend a full engine rebuild as to eliminate any problems with potential contamination from the turbo doing what it did. So I’ll be getting new forged internals to bulk up the rotating assembly and they said they would look into getting a quote on a billet short block. I asked them for pictures but said the tech was backed up and had already stashed my parts to start on another vehicle. I’ll check back in and keep this page up to date as I learn more

OP
Jackwaggon22
City
Durham
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta Titanium
Thread Starter #5
image.jpg After a month of waiting, turbo showed up and unfortunately had to be smaller then the previous I had in, but luckily I have some old OEM parts to make everything go back together including the original turbo manifold. Probably going to run it small turbo for the foreseeable future until I can convince myself to go back and put another big boy on (probably bigger if I can find a 88mm) but I’m just happy to have the damn thing ready to be together and driving.
As always, I’ll keep updating as we go along
Cheers