Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

My boot by

Gary 3

City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta style plus 2009
Hi I drive a fiesta 2009 and having prob with my boot when I turn ignition off the boot opens I've replaced catch and switch... It's driving me nuts

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Manual or Automatic?

Does the boot open by electronic push button or by mechanical pull lever?

(What does Auto or Manual have to do with this? The location of the Clutch pedal and the Hood release - engine jolt and lobbing motion of the engine stopping can jostle the catch - especially if it is an electronic release)

This may have several causes.

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
It is possible that your car has the "Auto-lock/unlock" feature and it is active. You can disable the feature outlined <<HERE>>. This feature unlocks the doors when you shut the car off and open the doors. If you are able to disable the feature, and the problem seems solved, you have an issue related to that system, possibly wiring related or BCM issue. There is possibly a recall issue in the US related to the latch switch, however Canadian cars arent included or dont experience the same problem, you may or may not have a case in the UK.

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
I would also check and meter for good ground/earth at the latch and switch. Also confirm that the hatch grounds to the car body as some components ground through their housings. A bad ground to that circuit would lead to unwanted actions. ( I should have thought of that first:rolleyes:)

OP
G

Gary 3

City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta style plus 2009
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for everyone's advice I tried everything it took me 2 weeks to find the prob I fitted new battery works perfect thanks guys

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Glad you got it sorted. A situation where the battery was no longer up to the task isnt a rare event. Unfortunately, batteries are being made with recycled metals and dont have the same life span and age differently from the batteries of old that would last 10 years. Couple that with new CANBUS systems and this kind of voodoo is the result.