Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Missing bolt in engine bay

Eddyfezza

City
Bristol
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta 2013
Hi all,

I noticed today this bolt missing from the engine bay. Anyone know what this is for and what the part no is so I can order a new one?

thanks

Attachments

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Is that the 1.0? I'd go to the Ford dealer, have them identify the part and order it.
Also, take that leaf out of there. :)

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
In looking at other 1.0L Fiesta motors, only 2 - the issue of that "hole" seems they don't need anything - as long as oil is not gushing out. Or seeing exhaust so if the hole is open but not sucking air - or bleeding out fluids, you're ok.

I've seen several 1.6L Fiestas that in some fashion - have a hollow in the cylinder head - almost as if it's for a fuel injection port - they are along that same axis as the "knock sensor" sensors and also follow a bolt (like 6mm x 1.25 pitch thread) on the 1.6L Fiestas..

So if it bothers you to have the hole open, you can put in a simple cap bolt of 5~10mm (height/length - just enough thread to cap that hole to seal it - nothing more) or so that fits and matches thread pitch - looks like in some fashion it is a "spare" for a bracket mount that may have been needed or designed in. Only it is not used in your configuration.

The thing I see in your motor is the "anodizing" or painting of the block - but this hole rusted because lack of paint used around that flange of the bolt.

OP
E

Eddyfezza

City
Bristol
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta 2013
Thread Starter #4
In looking at other 1.0L Fiesta motors, only 2 - the issue of that "hole" seems they don't need anything - as long as oil is not gushing out. Or seeing exhaust so if the hole is open but not sucking air - or bleeding out fluids, you're ok.

I've seen several 1.6L Fiestas that in some fashion - have a hollow in the cylinder head - almost as if it's for a fuel injection port - they are along that same axis as the "knock sensor" sensors and also follow a bolt (like 6mm x 1.25 pitch thread) on the 1.6L Fiestas..

So if it bothers you to have the hole open, you can put in a simple cap bolt of 5~10mm (height/length - just enough thread to cap that hole to seal it - nothing more) or so that fits and matches thread pitch - looks like in some fashion it is a "spare" for a bracket mount that may have been needed or designed in. Only it is not used in your configuration.

The thing I see in your motor is the "anodizing" or painting of the block - but this hole rusted because lack of paint used around that flange of the bolt.
Many thanks Andy

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
It's not unusual that engines used in multiple platforms will vary.
This woman put an engine cover on a car that came without one. Go to 7:50 or so.