Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Hubcaps

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Thru this post...yes.

https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/...from-welcome-new-member-forum.8119/post-26007

Try to see if your OEM (or original) lug nuts - use a flange - like a seat - when you use caps like that they use the nuts' flange like a spacer seat to hold fast and also to keep larger debris from entering into the hub.

In the above post, there are two types of seat - flush and then spaced (more distance from the taper) - the spaced one is for the larger thicker wheel rim to hub clearance while the others work just fine to help your standard steel wheel without hubcaps (or at least the full face rim ones) - I use the 611-583.1 to hold mine for winter.
1698593285854.png
It's why I mentioned the OEM versus just saying use the ones (the lugnut) you have - for if you use the Alloy wheel - those nuts have a "Space" between the taper of the seat and it's flange to hold to the rim - or if you use steel - the hub-cap. The Alloy-wheel I refer to has thicker hub surface versus the standard wheel. So to use a simple seat nut or the "bulge seat" - they work for standard rims, but not for the ones with hubcaps - they are too short and when tightened, will damage the spring and it's plastic seat - ruining the hubcap once they are removed to change the tire.

You also have a possible concern over the "Negative or Positive Offset" the rim has in relation to where the tires rest in position on the axle - over the steering axis or away of the steering axis - POSITIVE offset means it's near or closer to the steering axis (rotation spot the Ball joint, Steering Knuckle and your Strut position in a vertical line from the road to above at the struts Mount on top) - while Negative Offset - puts the tires farther away from the steering axis towards the outside.

When the tire is an alloy rim, or even the Steel - the hole the lug uses to fasten the wheel to the hub, may have a thickness change or taper-length or even round hardened-seat for the Lug to press against and hold fast to the hub. This can change the DEPTH of the flange to seat position and can still damage the hubcap - so be wary of older lugs or off-size types you may find on sale or cheaper because they fit using M12 X 1.50 pitch - but might need more thread depth than their cap might allow.

Why? Those caps ship flat and only can bend so much so if you have a steel wheel that has a greater offset that the 45~37mm Positive offset you'd find in FORD OEM steel rims.

1698595125553.png

That offset is just for the Rim - Not to be confused with Camber - where the tires TILT to the outside or inside (the lean to the Perpendicular 90° right angle) - or CASTER which is the Tilt of the tire forwards or backwards to the true perpendicular axis (the 90° right angles to) for direction of travel.

So if you have the typical Fiesta OEM Steel rims - you should be ok with the (Dorman) 611-303 or 611-583 - with #583 preferred due to the depth and various configs and styles the Ford Hubcaps are...

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rayna53 Wheels, Tires, Chasis, Brakes & Suspension 2