Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Dead screen!!!

City
Stockport
State
Non-US
Country
England
What I Drive
Fiesta ST Line, 1.0 ecoboost
Can anyone tell me why, & how to rectify, my media screen is completely blank, no radio signal, phone, satnav, car settings etc.
It was all working fine when I finished my journey to work, but when I started the car later to come home it was all dead & unresponsive. Could it be a fuse???

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
When you go into the car from the outside after about 10 minutes or longer wait times, so things "shut down" - when you open the Drivers side door and the interior light comes on - did you see it do a "Boot screen" which is the Ford Logo in the center console display?

Then, if you get a boot screen - the basic system is operating - the "fail" is from something else and you may need to pull the battery and do a reset to see if the fault can clear.

I see this at times too, and it seems to be a contention - perhaps several modules are trying to refresh or update their data profiles - and the devices they are waiting on, is not answering back. So pulling the battery cable seems to clear this condition on mine and I may be fine for several months. When it happens - I also am keen to clean the battery posts, ground and those bolts for the positive post terminal too - seems the issue comes from dropping voltages from the battery not supplying or keeping up with the demand when the devices are busy and are trying to shut down but need to write or refresh their stuff - and the device it's supposed to get it from or talk to, already shut down.