Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford fiesta aftermarket intake

kieranf97

I am looking into fitting an aftermarket air intake on my 1.6 ford fiesta N/A. I see that there is a sensor connected to my standard air intake which i am told is called a (MAF) sensor.
Could some one tell me what would happen if i fitted a simple intake system with out the MAF sensor as to if it would affect the car in anyway. OR would i be able to remove the MAF sensor and mount it onto the new performance intake?

View attachment 320

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Most likely you'll get a check engine light appearing on your car since it won't idle correctly.

I am looking into fitting an aftermarket air intake on my 1.6 ford fiesta N/A. I see that there is a sensor connected to my standard air intake which i am told is called a (MAF) sensor.
Could some one tell me what would happen if i fitted a simple intake system with out the MAF sensor as to if it would affect the car in anyway. OR would i be able to remove the MAF sensor and mount it onto the new performance intake?

View attachment 320

Most intakes will have the proper hole to plug in the MAF sensor, why would you want to eliminate it?