Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Warranty service from independent shop.

Greg Lee

My local Ford dealership has gotten bad reviews for service, so I'm thinking of taking my Fiesta (when it arrives) to an independent garage for service. Are there things covered under warranty that must be done by a Ford dealer's service department?

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
I wouldn't risk voiding your warranty by going to an independent shop.

OP
Greg Lee

Greg Lee

Thread Starter #4
I wouldn't risk voiding your warranty by going to an independent shop.
I would like to know whether it is actually a risk. Does the warranty require that service be done at a dealership? Does Ford have a program to certify mechanics or shops for servicing Fords apart from dealers' service departments?

The independent shop I'd want to use is a place I've dealt with for a decade. It's a good place, and it does explicitly say in its advertising that it can handle "dealer scheduled" maintenance.

rooSTer

Premium Account
Unless they absolutely ruin your car during the repairs it shouldn't void your warranty. But if you want the repairs done for free through warranty its going to require going through Ford.

You can probably call their customer support to see if you can do an independent shop.