Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

USB music playback

sodamonkey

Hi peeps, 1st post after picking up a 2010 Titanium yesterday.

I have a query in regards to using the USB slot in the car. Can anyone confirm whether it is designed to play music directly from a flash drive? My previous car, (2010 Astra), did. I've found that when trying to play music it literally plays 10 seconds of a track then jumps to another random track in a different folder for another 10 secs and continues doing that if I leave it playing. Shuffle is off, scan is off. It does this even if I choose to play from a specific folder on the drive, I.e. if I want to play one specific album.

Do I need to use an MP3 player instead? If so will it need plugging in the USB port or the AUX jack?

Cheers for any help,

Rick

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Yes it does, plug in the USB and it will automatically read it. I think the biggest USB it can read is 8 or16gb.

OP
S

sodamonkey

Thread Starter #3
Cheers, sorted now. I had the folders within a main folder which the system didn't like. I moved them all out so they were all top level so to speak and now the music plays and I can choose folders to play from.

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Glad to hear. Hope you are enjoying your new car.

OP
S

sodamonkey

Thread Starter #5
Glad to hear. Hope you are enjoying your new car.
Yeah, it's nice. There are a few little issues they can look at under the 12 month warranty: pulls to the right, one rear tyre has loads of cuts in it, ( at least 7!), and there's a fairly loud electrical buzzing inside the car as soon as I open the door, not sure what it is. It does sound like something that should be running, but is too loud for my liking.

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk