Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

test drove 2014 fiesta st, questions

meGrimlock

23k miles
Nav
Recaro
all original parts

The position of the steering wheel and the height of the entire dash seems high. I'm 5'7" and i had to lean forward and stick my head out to see past the dash, and i still couldnt see past the hood. I tilted the steering wheel but didn't really a chance to play with the seat adjuster. is this layout meant for taller drivers? my current Mazda i could at least see the hood and wheels of the car infront of me.

The clutch engagement was mysterious. I couldnt find it at all. i kept missing gears because the gates are really close and i had no idea what my left foot was doing. then again i'm also used to 12 years with the clutch/shifter of my current daily driver. could this a sign of transmission/clutch issues or just a sloppy job by Ford?

Any other thoughts, pitfalls i should look for? Thanks for any insight!

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard. The Recaros on the Fiesta ST are actually very comfortable, I'm a little bit taller that you and you can adjust the seat way down.

The clutch on the Fiesta ST is also very light, but you'll need to make sure you depress the clutch. You should come check out our Fiesta ST forum at www.fiestastforum.com

OP
M

meGrimlock

Thread Starter #3
thanks for your thoughts. comfort wasnt an issue, as i'm slimmer than most people. my issue was the high dash line. front visibility i felt was worse than rear visibility.

also, is there an annoying delay valve in the master or slave cylinders? anybody make a stainless steel clutch hose in the aftermarket?

Mike

Welcome, I'm also a member on both. Jump over on fiestastforum.com there are tons of posts on there specifically for the FiST.

Haven't seen anyone mentioned steel clutch hoses yet.