Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2015 Ford Fiesta S- Rain getting between doors and door sill

donnab

Just bought a brand new Fiesta. I have been driving it approx. 3 weeks. We have been getting quite a bit of rain and I have noticed large amounts of water on the bottom of the inside of the door and also on the bottom of the sill to the car where the door shuts. It is wet across the entire area at the both the door (Where the door and car meet ) as well as at the car sill. It is this way on all 4 doors. It is also the same way in the trunk area. Not wet inside the trunk just on the jam of the trunk. After water dries it leaves water spots. After the trunk area dries it leaves a bunch of dirt. I would like to know if anyone else is encountering this. I am very concerned about the coming winters and when snow and slush with salt get into these area and start rusting. Thanks for any help you may have..

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
You should be fine. I get the same wet spots on my ST. Congratulations and welcome.

OP
D

donnab

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - I see you list Tempe Arizona as your location. I live in the north east of NY state. With that said, we get a lot of snow / slush / SALT which will bring on the RUST. I have bought a lot of brand new vehicles in my life and have never encountered the poor thought process that went into the design of the doors and the trunk causing the water left in the door sills and the trunk area. Was not told by the dealership that this is a characteristic of this model as well as the focus. Did not pay for a brand new car to have it LEAK.... People need to raise your voice and complain about this. Not just roll over and say "oh well"

I live in MI and really haven't had any issues with rust in the door sills and I've own my Fiesta for close to two years. Can you post a picture of how bad yours is?

OP
D

donnab

Thread Starter #5
Hi Mike - I will just as soon as possible - this problem effects the 2015 models. It is also effecting the focus model as well. This was a quote from the Ford rep. "This is characteristic for this model." Did not give me a warm and cozy feeling. As far as I am concerned, the dealership should have let us know this up front. If you google this, you will find quite a few 2105 fiesta and focus owners talking about their leaky door sills and how they have to be careful stepping out of the car as to not get their pant legs wet. From my understanding, there was a re-design due to water getting into the car and onto the floor mats causing mold on the older models.

Last edited: