Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford Fiesta Red Edition / Black Edition

City
Houston

Meet the new Ford Fiesta Red Edition and Fiesta Black Edition -- two new Fiestas that combine head-turning looks, unexpected performance and excellent fuel efficiency.

Available to order now and in dealerships from September, the Fiesta Red Edition and Black Edition will be the most powerful 1-litre volume production cars ever. In point of fact, the new 140 PS version of the 1.0-litre EcoBoost offers more power per litre than the Bugatti Veyron and the Ferrari 458 Speciale.

Inspired by global fashion trends for strong colour contrasts, the two-tone models are available in Race Red, complemented by gloss black roof and detailing; and Panther Black, with a gloss red roof and detailing.

"These two new Fiestas make an unquestionably bold statement on the road and will give drivers an equally distinctive experience behind the wheel with a sportier version of our 1.0-litre EcoBoost and enhancements to the Fiesta's acclaimed ride and handling," said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe.

[video=youtube;eRzJS5dowU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85027636&v=eRzJS5dowU4&x-yt-ts=1422503916[/video]

Distinctive design

The three-door models feature front upper and lower grille surrounds, front bumper aerofoil and mirror caps in contrasting colours, with Panther Black 16-inch or optional 17-inch alloy wheels. The body kit offers front and rear sports bumpers, side skirts and rear roof spoiler; and the contrasting colour roof on both models has been painted to achieve a consistent and higher quality gloss finish than can be achieved using a foil applique or sticker.

The models feature gloss black centre stack and door handles; black leather sports steering wheel and gear lever gaiter with red stitching; black floor mats with red stitching; and charcoal black sport seats in Ultimate material with contrasting red stitching and bolster exteriors.

"Both cars have an execution that's bold, distinctive and contemporary, but the Red and Black present subtly different personalities that will appeal to different customers," said John Mcleod, chief designer, Vehicle Personalisation, Ford of Europe. "For me, the more provocative car is the Black Edition; the red detailing and especially the grille surround deliver a high contrast for drivers that want to be noticed. The Red Edition car is highly expressive yet a little bit more subtle for the less exuberant owner."

Most powerful 1.0-litre volume production car engine ever
The 140 PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost features a unique calibration with new settings for turbocharger boost control, valve-timings, intercooler and throttle management to deliver 12 per cent more power and an even sportier driving experience with 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) acceleration in 9.0 seconds and a top speed of 201 km/h (125 mph), while still delivering 4.5 l/100 km (62.8 mpg) fuel efficiency and 104 g/km CO2 emissions. **

"This new 140 PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine now delivers more than twice the power on a litre-for-litre basis than its predecessor ? the 1.6-litre 100 PS engine that powered the sporty Fiesta S just 10 years ago," said Andrew Fraser, manager, Gasoline Calibration, Ford of Europe. "I believe this engine sets a new benchmark for power combined with fuel efficiency from a small petrol engine."

Ford's 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine was named International Engine of the Year in 2012 and 2013. Like the 100 PS and 125 PS versions of the 1.0-litre EcoBoost that were chosen by nearly 30 per cent of Fiesta customers in the first quarter of 2014, the 140 PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost uses turbocharging, twin-independent Variable Cam Timing and high-pressure direct-injection technologies.

The Fiesta Red Edition and Fiesta Black Edition further enhance driving appeal with revised gear ratios for the five-speed manual transmission and a sport suspension set-up. In addition to new shock absorber and spring settings, the sport suspension uses a stiffer rear axle and revised tuning for the Electronic Power Assisted Steering system delivering greater torque build-up for more steering feedback.

The new Fiesta was launched in late 2012 with dynamic new exterior design, refined interior and advanced Ford technologies including Ford SYNC voice-activated connectivity system, Active City Stop low-speed collision avoidance system, and MyKey; which enables parents to place certain restrictions on young drivers to promote safer driving.

The distinctive new models extend the range of high specification Fiesta cars that so far this year have accounted for almost half of Fiestas sold, and go on sale later this year.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I like that offering. It's too bad that north America does not get that nice little color/trim variation. Or for that matter, some other color or trim variation such as Ingot silver with a race red roof and mirrors. I am planning to do the race red or crimson red from the Boss 302 Laguna seca along with an adapted version of the side stripes in red on my silver ST when it arrives this spring. Ford used to offer special color choices in springtime to give the dealers something to generate a little low cost showroom traffic. It was a tactic that worked and also gave customers a chance to pick up a their new Ford in a color that set it apart from the mainstream. It was a sales promotion strategy that worked very well. I recall the whole thing stopped in 1983 or 84. It would be interesting to see the take rate of a modern day "spring special" or "spring sport" as they were called at the beginning and ends of the practice. I doubt few people would think that a modern "Twister special" Mustang would be a flop if it was done with a unique color and stripe.

State
MI
Country
United States
I love the contrast on the roof and wish they offered that here.

Congrats on getting the new ST. I have roughly 20k miles on mine and it puts a smile on my face every day.