Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Battery drainage

Quadrus

2014 Fiesta Titanium X 1.0 Ecoboost with Powershift. If the vehicle is locked and nothing electrical is left on, except the Perimeter Alarm, what is the voltage drainage of a fully charged battery over multiples of 24 hours? I get a voltage drop of 0.1 of a Volt over 24 hours. I am trying to determine how many days you can leave the vehicle before the battery is too low to start the engine. I believe the battery is protected by a save mode after 3 days. Do not know how this works and how much this saves, does anyone know? What is the the minimum Voltage required to crank the engine with the starter motor?

Last edited:

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
What happens when you don't arm the alarm for 24 hours? Also do you have any audio equipment in your vehicle such as a capacitor?

OP
Q

Quadrus

Thread Starter #3
The car is a 2014 Fiesta Titanium X and is as supplied. You cannot lock it without the perimeter alarm being activated. Radio is off.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
The car is a 2014 Fiesta Titanium X and is as supplied. You cannot lock it without the perimeter alarm being activated. Radio is off.
Ok so it's not aftermarket. First thing I would suggest is to replace the battery. It's not uncommon for brand new cars to have bad batteries. A bad battery won't charge and therefore will be easily drained. It's a 2014 so it should still be covered under warranty.

OP
Q

Quadrus

Thread Starter #5
Thank you for your reply. You may have misunderstood my message. If I park my car say at an Airport, go away for several days, I want to be sure my battery will still have enough voltage to crank the engine when I return. As you know,all cars that have an alarm system that is switched on will deplete battery voltage in time.

Given the example above:

1.How many days will it take to deplete an initially fully charged battery so much that there is not enough Volts left to crank the engine? My Fiesta Discharges at a rate of 0.1Volts in 24 hours, but I believe that after 3 days the Fiesta triggers a battery saver. I do not know how this works and what the saving is

2.What is the minimum voltage required For the Starter Motor to crank the engine?

rooSTer

Premium Account
I've parked my car for over a week at the airport and never had any problems. If your batter drains in 3 days you have a bad battery.

OP
Q

Quadrus

Thread Starter #7
[wink] Left fully charged with a reading of say 12.5 Volts, after 3 days I estimate it would read 12.2 Volts. I also estimate it would start to dip below 11 Volts in 15 days. I am saying estimate, I do not know if this would be true in practice.

Thank you for trying to help. Sorry if my posts have not been clear enough.