Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Gearbox and Clutch Issues

dsharpe

Is anyone experiencing shuddering on acceleration? I have a 2013 Fiesta, I took delivery in November 2013, it has been back to the dealer 4 times, twice for a diagnostic and a software patch, third visit they put a new clutch in. Problem still persisting. Going back to the dealer tomorrow, Ford Australia says that it needs a new gearbox, dealer says they know nothing about that and that the gearbox would not be causing the shuddering and clutch problems. Feeling very annoyed now, I have to take a day off work everytime it goes back to the dealer.

Anyone else got a letter from Ford about the gearbox recall??[mad]

Should have mentioned that it is an automatic.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
I've read that the DSG was very problematic in the automatics gear box. The software patch is supposed to help with the shuttering problem but it's not 100%. Hopefully a new gearbox will fix the problem.

Corvair

The auto is a bad transmission. You may have an internal leak. $$$ I had a manual, and that had leak problems twice! Another forum has tons of bad transmissions. The new ones aren't any better.