Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

wheel center caps

jagfolks

Is there a secret to retaining the wheel center caps? In the 48,000 that we've had our 2011 Fiesta we've lost four center caps. Is this common?
Thanks,
Bob

rooSTer

Premium Account
You might have to take those rings out and stretch them a bit so that it'll put more pressure up against the wheels. Which wheels do you have?

OP
J

jagfolks

Thread Starter #3
You might have to take those rings out and stretch them a bit so that it'll put more pressure up against the wheels. Which wheels do you have?
Just the standard alloy wheels. I was thinking that I just may use some type of glue to help hold them in as I see no reason that they would ever have to be removed. I was curious if other owners are having the same problem.

rooSTer

Premium Account
That's not a bad idea, a couple of drops of JB Weld should make them stick really good. Wheels get really hot so you cant just stick any glue on there.

OP
J

jagfolks

Thread Starter #5
That's not a bad idea, a couple of drops of JB Weld should make them stick really good. Wheels get really hot so you cant just stick any glue on there.
Thanks for the replies! JB Weld is a standard fixture in my garage so JB Weld it is. On the last one that I lost there was one of the tabs still in the wheel. I wonder if the vibrations caused by Michigan's terrible roads is part of the problem?
Bob

OP
J

jagfolks

Thread Starter #7
That's a thought, especially as last winter was the worst as far as temperature changes that I can remember. The Fiesta has been a great little car so far, hope I can say the same with 100,000 plus miles on it!