Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

The Fiesta remained Ford's best-selling car in Europe

City
Houston

Ford said its sales in Europe rose in April, marking the 11th straight month of year-over-year sales improvement and fifth successive month of market share gains.

Overall, Ford sold 99,700 vehicles in April in its European 20** main markets, an increase of 6,200 compared with April 2013. Ford?s 6.6 per cent improvement outpaced total industry growth of 4.2 percent in Europe, and boosted Ford?s market share up by 0.2 of a percentage point to 7.9 per cent.

?Vehicle sales in Western Europe are starting to improve modestly, and we have been consistently outpacing the industry thanks to a very fresh product line,? said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe. ?At the same time, we continue to focus on sales to retail and fleet customer, which are healthiest for our brand and resale values.?

The Fiesta remained Ford?s best-selling car in April with 29,000 registrations ? its best April sales performance since 2010. The Ford Ranger ? International Pickup of the Year ? posted its best-ever April sales since the Ranger was introduced in Europe in 1999.

Ford?s commercial vehicle sales continue to improve ? up 7 percent year-to-date. Ford?s commercial vehicle market share in Europe ? 10.2 percent through April ? is at its highest level since 1998. Transit is now the No.1 best-seller in the combined one- and two-tonne commercial vehicle segment in Europe.*

Ford sales in the UK ? its largest European market by sales volume ? rose 11.6 percent in April, further extending its lead in the market. Sales in Germany, Ford?s second-largest European market, were equal to last year while the overall industry down for the month. Year-to-date, Ford sales volume in Germany is up 16 percent, outpacing industry growth of 3.2 percent.

Corvair

Are the European ones more reliable than the ones they sell in the U.S.?

17 unscheduled repairs and counting.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Are the European ones more reliable than the ones they sell in the U.S.?

17 unscheduled repairs and counting.
Hey Corvair, what's wrong with your FiST if you don't mind me asking?

Corvair

Hey Corvair, what's wrong with your FiST if you don't mind me asking?
Going from memory, so I may have forgot some. Some are minor, others costly. Ford emblem fell off the the key fob, hood prop holder broke, strut, strut bearing, two tie rod ends, two output shaft seals, leak in manual transmission, air bag recall, engine block heater, steering shaft, service engine now warning that took months to sort out, speedo off, clock kept poor time, gas gauge would not go to full, took over six months to repair, license plate screw clip missing and counting. I may have missed one or two. I didn't think they made cars this bad since the '70's.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Going from memory, so I may have forgot some. Some are minor, others costly. Ford emblem fell off the the key fob, hood prop holder broke, strut, strut bearing, two tie rod ends, two output shaft seals, leak in manual transmission, air bag recall, engine block heater, steering shaft, service engine now warning that took months to sort out, speedo off, clock kept poor time, gas gauge would not go to full, took over six months to repair, license plate screw clip missing and counting. I may have missed one or two. I didn't think they made cars this bad since the '70's.
Wow that's terrible. Knock on wood, I've been fairly problem free with the Fiesta ST.