Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Animal Modifications

oboyyme

Just curious to all those who travel with their dogs what interior modifications were done to contain your dogs safely. Do you use crates, barriers, pet seats, etc. or have you built a customized cage? If so, do you have photos of your setup?

I help out with animal rescues and occasionally transport animals. This was easier with my SUV but I'm rethinking how I will do it once I get my hatchback in the spring. I can fit a medium sized metal crate in the cargo area but have to fold down the seats. I have a car seat for small dogs that can be used up front. I was thinking about getting a hammock seat cover like this or something like this. The first one could be flipped around to use for the cargo area too. I want to protect my new car from fur and dirt as much as possible. LOL Dogs would be in a harness and tethered.

Just looking for different ideas and to see what works best for current owners of the hatchback. First priority is safety and the second is keeping my car as clean as possible. I want to contain the fur.

rooSTer

Premium Account
That Hammock looks pretty cool. We have a small dog so I just use a small kennel and put a blanket over the back seat.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
For our dog I ended up getting a cargo tray and put his bed back in the hatch. I folded one seat down and left the other up for my son's car seat.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M General Automotive Discussions 1