Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

I saw something kinda unusual the other day.......

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
When looking over the inventory of the local ford dealer. They listed two black Fiesta ST in stock, the only difference i could see in equipment was one had a sunroof and the other did not. But that was not what was interesting. The VINs were sequential! I have seen that very rarely. So, If any of you on the forum are looking for a loaded Fiesta ST and have a like minded friend you could probably snag an unusual "combonation" buy. They were on the Varsity Ford website in AnnArbor. I am not buying my ST until late next summer. But I am starting to look around. The pickings are slim.

rooSTer

Premium Account
That is interesting, probably place two orders at the same time. Pickings are normally slim during the beginning of the year. I had to order mine from the factory which took about 8 weeks.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #3
That could be the case. Though Varsity Ford is way more into stocking Mustangs than any varition of Fiesta. It is just unusual to see sequential vins at the same dealership. Being early build ST's i imagine they were built among a batch run of cars. Component availability often determines a cars assembly rotation. so a single spec item difference can separate two cars ordered at the same time. I have understood that VINs are not created until the build is scheduled. It has little to with when the body was actually "bucked" in the plant.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
You're partially right scotman, I got my VIN only when my order was processed, but the build wasn't scheduled until weeks later. Once you can your VIN you can go to http://www.etis.ford.com/ and see when your build is scheduled. Like rooster I ordered mine as well and it took almost 3 months to arrive. Place the order back in August and I didn't take procession until November.