Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

If you had $1700 to spend on your stock FiST...

OP
S

stuntdoogie

Thread Starter #3
Im undecided on who to by the AP from...Fswerks which comes with their tune and Cobb tune or from Cobb which only comes with their tune and for an extra $9 you get a $50 high flow filter.
Already getting a Miltek catback for sure and undecided on FSwerks or Cobb intake when it releases. Hopefully Cobb will release before xmas cause im itching to buy ASAP!

rooSTer

Premium Account
Im undecided on who to by the AP from...Fswerks which comes with their tune and Cobb tune or from Cobb which only comes with their tune and for an extra $9 you get a $50 high flow filter.
Already getting a Miltek catback for sure and undecided on FSwerks or Cobb intake when it releases. Hopefully Cobb will release before xmas cause im itching to buy ASAP!
You can only get so much power out of the stock turbo with a tune and I doubt the FSwerks is going to give you any more power over Cobb. If you still plan to get the intake then it's pointless to get the high flow filter. If you get the AP with the high flow filter you should still have the budget to get a nice set of wheels.

OP
F

Froctor

Thread Starter #6
If we go with parts that are out as of now, I would get the FsWerks intake kit, Mountune short shifter, h&r coilovers and Borla's catback exhaust.

Maybe thats more than $1700...

OP
S

stuntdoogie

Thread Starter #7
I already have a milltek race resonated catback on order...3weeks it arrives.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bullzeye308

Thread Starter #8
Since the Mountune upgrade isn't available here yet...170 bikini car washes.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Lighter,wider and probably forged aluminum wheels. A light flywheel and centerforce clutch . Thats on top of the adjustable ASB links and Koni sport dampers I already have waiting. I am not planning any more changes than that for the first year.

Lighter,wider and probably forged aluminum wheels. A light flywheel and centerforce clutch . Thats on top of the adjustable ASB links and Koni sport dampers I already have waiting. I am not planning any more changes than that for the first year.
Are you keeping the stock springs and just plan to swap out the dampers?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Are you keeping the stock springs and just plan to swap out the dampers?
Yes, at this point. I think the fiesta ST will probably hate high spring rates as much as the basic fiesta.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I will not be buying my ST before June 2014. When i do it will probably be either silver, blue or black. No sunroof but with recaro package.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
I will not be buying my ST before June 2014. When i do it will probably be either silver, blue or black. No sunroof but with recaro package.
Hey glad you're moving over to the Fiesta ST. I just got mine last November.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Yup. Though I would have been just as happy with a 2 liter non turbo 6 speed Fiesta if that had been offered as a sport model . I am not crazy about paying the performance surcharges on my insurance that the TURBO adds. I know that sounds like a buzz killer. I do think the Fiesta ST is a very nice package. It's just that the whole cost issue on these "summer toy" type cars is reaching the point where a guy can justify building a factory Five "take your pick" car or just build a track only car for about the same money as a tuned street car. And the track car wont need insurance or have to be useable as day 2 day!

Last edited: