Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Hello from Toronto Canada

D

Diabs

Well, I got an e-mail today from the dealer ship with my VIN number, says a couple more weeks still...
Placed order for my Orange ST fully loaded, non-painted rims, orange ST recaro seats in mid-October....
I am getting excited and mad at the same time with all this waiting! lol...
They said 8 - 12 weeks, but, I figured with all the ones I see popping up in pic's south of the boarder, they need to just swap out the miles to km's and send it up! LOL

Had an '80's fiesta I bought from a neighbour who worked for Piranna Racing...
If I remember correctly, he bored it out to a 1.8 or 2.0 litre, double barrel intake with open air filter...hooker headers, better cam, electric oversized cooling fan, kemper spoiler, german alloy rims, driver recaro seat, quicker suspension kit...
This thing was a sleeper!!....4 speed....you could rev this thing red line 8-9 grand, all day long and it would just love it..I was driving off/on ramps to the hwy at 120-140kms( posted speed was 30-40 ) and it just stuck like glue..lol...basically a glorified go-kart!...man I miss that car...worst thing I don't even have a picture of it...

I've been searching for alittle pocket rocket to fill my void, and when I found out about the ST, I had to to take one out....I first test drove the FIAT Arbarth...and that is a quick little demon too! Almost bought it....but, I couldn't pull the trigger and I'm pretty sure it was because, its just too small...

Glad i waited...test drove the ST...as soon as I sat in the seat, I felt I was home...told the sales guy, don't get scared, I can afford to buy it if I crash it LOL, Thank god he was cool....after 3 shifts I was sold! Now I just want mine! NOW!

Well, waiting is half the battle now, but congrats to those of you who got yours, can't wait for a ST rally this summer!
Cheers!

Diabs

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome, the Arbarth is a really fun car and fast too. Like you I found it a bit too small and coming from owning a Mini S before, the two extra rear doors on my ST is very convenient for passengers.

OP
I

ileftthestoveon

Thread Starter #4
Welcome! The wait is pretty agonizing, I'm told my wait is ending tomorrow (11th) three months to the day after placing the order. Its a shame you don't have a pic of your old fiesta, it sounds like it was a pretty awesome car!

OP
S

shvkdv

Thread Starter #6
Hey. Welcome. Seems we have quite a few people in southern Ontario.

OP
M

mikebrooks.73

Thread Starter #8
Welcome. Sounds like we have similar rides :). The montune air intake was a great easy mod for only 300.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

Diabs

Thread Starter #9
Thanks everyone...
Yeah that montune mod is for sure on my list!
Dealer said 4 were ordered from their place...
Curious what you Wisconsin drivers have to say about how it handles in the snow...as mine is coming in with winter tires on it already.

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #10
Thanks everyone...
Yeah that montune mod is for sure on my list!
Dealer said 4 were ordered from their place...
Curious what you Wisconsin drivers have to say about how it handles in the snow...as mine is coming in with winter tires on it already.
I have to Drive with ESC in sport mode so I can get moving in the ice and snow we currently have. The car does fine as any FWD and with a set of snow tires it does better than a lot of car. I happened to end up with WS60 blizzaks not my first choice but they fit the budget (only say that cuz the ws60 is a 2009 build date that's what tire rack says) Have only had a little snow so far about 4 inches and with the cold it have turned to mostly ice as it is too cold for the salt to really clear the roads. (makes for great honing in the empty parking lot) ;)

OP
D

Diabs

Thread Starter #11
I have to Drive with ESC in sport mode so I can get moving in the ice and snow we currently have. The car does fine as any FWD and with a set of snow tires it does better than a lot of car. I happened to end up with WS60 blizzaks not my first choice but they fit the budget (only say that cuz the ws60 is a 2009 build date that's what tire rack says) Have only had a little snow so far about 4 inches and with the cold it have turned to mostly ice as it is too cold for the salt to really clear the roads. (makes for great honing in the empty parking lot) ;)
Cool! When I had my civic with winter tires on, I had no issues in the snow...in fact with any of my front wheel drive cars from the past I never did get stuck anywhere.
And yes...parking lot drifts will be a lot of fun!

OP
S

ST_NINJA

Thread Starter #12
Welcome! I'm from the GTA aswell. Ordered my ST October 12th and my ETA is February 3rd-9th. Hopefully she will get here sooner!!

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #13
welcome buddy! im also in toronto and still crusiing with my summers on. no issues it was -7 today and it only takes a few minutes to warm them up and its great. i noticed its tough on snow or ice but in the city that stuff gets cleared up really quick. ill probably get winters in a few weeks though. looking forward to see other STs on the streets of toronto, youll get a honk and a couple high beams when i see ya ;-)

OP
D

Diabs

Thread Starter #14
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing a few myself! I'm on the road a lot, and I haven't spotted one yet...see lots of Focus ST's...but no FiST's

OP
D

Diabs

Thread Starter #16
Thanks! My brother has a Focus SVT...he just finished putting in a turbo and leather interior not to long ago....that car rips!!

OP
S

STooge

Thread Starter #17
That's awesome man. I'm hoping to take it supercharged in the near future just some good ol' fun.

OP
D

Diabs

Thread Starter #18
Sorry...that is right...couldn't remember if it was turbo or supercharged...it was supercharged, he picked up the kit off of ebay from a guy who bought one and never installed it....he paid half price for it, had a performance place install it and flash the computer. They do a lot of them for guys who streetcross race, which my bro did for awhile too. They had to call FORD to get the right flash to finally correct a hic-up, and after that, it runs like a bullet!