Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Would you buy a Fiesta ST with a DSG gearbox?

Would you buy a Fiesta ST with a DSG gearbox?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Mike

How many people here would purchase a Fiesta ST with an automatic DSG transmission? I haven't kept up with VW's quality but it looks like there is sufficient demand for them to offer a GTI variant.

P

peoples1234

I know that electronics are faster and better, but i still prefer the good old manual.

S

shvkdv

Hell no. Leave this one alone. This belongs to an elite group of performance cars which are currently sold exclusively with a manual. Can anyone add to this list? I don't think we can go into double digits.

Focus ST
Fiesta ST
SRT Viper
WRX STI

S

Sekred

No Chance, my Wife's Focus is a 6 speed twin clutch, same as DSG. I hate it. Maybe better with a turbo.
I'm old school, manual trans is a H pattern with a clutch pedal.

S

STooge

Manuals always my first choice and it's for a driver's car if you ask me. But working where I work DSGs do have their place at least for some people they do. They are quite crazy how fast they can be tuned to shift.

But again MANUAL FTW!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

mYsTiCfAc3

I had a 2012 lancer ralliart with the tc-sst and i bought the fist because i missed the third pedal so no

I

ileftthestoveon

My first manual was a bugeye WRX, after that I haven't looked back. Even my F150 is a 5-speed.

M

MJ1246

No, because many have tried but failed to match the dual clutch from Vw/Audi. My brother drives an Audi S4 with 7 speed DSG, 0-60 4.4 seconds (Road and Track) the DSG is a scream, but Ford will never make one as good. I'll stick to a manual in my ST, but with new arrival of the Audi S3 sedan, I may only have the ST for a couple of years...

M

MJ1246

These dual clutches offer better performance, there is a definitive reason as to why they are used in F1. (They're just not as fun as manual)

S

STooge

These dual clutches offer better performance, there is a definitive reason as to why they are used in F1. (They're just not as fun as manual)
Don't f1 cars use a sequential box? Or am I mistaken. Or do they use a sequential box with a dual clutch?

M

MJ1246

Don't f1 cars use a sequential box? Or am I mistaken. Or do they use a sequential box with a dual clutch?

My bad, I meant to type Ferrari, not F1, lol. (Sequential with a dual? lol, you're not mistaken, and neither am I)

S

Sekred

No, because many have tried but failed to match the dual clutch from Vw/Audi. My brother drives an Audi S4 with 7 speed DSG, 0-60 4.4 seconds (Road and Track) the DSG is a scream, but Ford will never make one as good. I'll stick to a manual in my ST, but with new arrival of the Audi S3 sedan, I may only have the ST for a couple of years...
May I add that there is nothing wrong with the dual clutch trans in my wife's focus, its super fast and very smooth, its more to do with the soft-ware that I don't like. There is no reason why Ford can't build a good dual clutch, they have plenty of WRC experience and F1 through their links with Cosworth.
VW have had plenty of problems with its DSC transmission so I wouldn't be running out and buying one unless I was absolutely sure these issues had been solved.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/volkswagen-recalling-16-million-cars-globally-to-fix-dsg-gearboxes-71053.html

D

dberte79

Besides the fact that I prefer real manuals, I have seen the 12k backordered clutch kits for the Fiesta/Focus, so I would skip on that alone.

M

mYsTiCfAc3

lets also say that fiesta/focus use dryclutch DCTs
i believe that vw/audi mitsu/bmw(i know for sure) use wet clutch and that should play a big role on how they handle performance