Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Would you buy a Fiesta ST with a DSG gearbox?

Would you buy a Fiesta ST with a DSG gearbox?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
S

Sekred

lets also say that fiesta/focus use dryclutch DCTs
i believe that vw/audi mitsu/bmw(i know for sure) use wet clutch and that should play a big role on how they handle performance
Ford engineers or probably more accurate, the Bean counters, need bending over a barrel if they have used dry clutches.

D

dberte79

Do you know if the Fiesta and Focus share the same DCT tranny?
Different P/N for the transmissions and names (DPS6 in the Focus vs GFT DPS6 in the Fiesta), but I'm not worried about the trans (which I hope holds up well, since it seems to be the transmission in our cars except ours have a traditional clutch. The bigger concern is the clutches themselves, and both the Fiesta and Focus use the same clutches P/N BV6Z-7B546-D, is the current version, there have been 3 before it. We install about 4 sets of clutches a week when they are not on backorder, though due to the current situation we are only installing them in vehicles that cannot drive, until more are available.