Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

All season tires

• Thread starter lonelysuperstar
  • Start date
L

lonelysuperstar

Hello all, I am going to replace the stock tires with some all season tires. What I was wondering, would a 205/45 work? Would it look off with a bit thicker tire?

OP
L

lonelysuperstar

Thread Starter #3
If I go with the 205/45 I will go with the Hankook Ventus S1 noble2. If I go with the 205/45 it will probably be the Cooper Zeon RS3-A. I just done want the 205/45 to look too big.

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #4
If I go with the 205/45 I will go with the Hankook Ventus S1 noble2. If I go with the 205/45 it will probably be the Cooper Zeon RS3-A. I just done want the 205/45 to look too big.
205/45 is only 3/4 of a inch taller or so than the 205/40/17 size shouldn't look much diff at all :)

OP
L

lonelysuperstar

Thread Starter #5
Ok, I think I will go with the 205/45's then! Thanks rodmoe

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #6
You may feel a little more roll in the corners from the taller than stock tire just take your time getting a feel for it .. you should be fine :) Enjoy and post up some pics if you get a chance

OP
S

stuntdoogie

Thread Starter #7
I have 205/45/17 General G-Max AS03 All Seasons on my FiST for like 300 miles sofar and Have no complaints as of yet. The tires dont look bad at all, fills the fender gap a little. The ride is a little cushier and did not lose much in handling. I still take corners and off ramps at high speeds without tires losing grip even in the rain like todays downpour. I was actually driving agressive in the rain earlier today and was amazed at how good this little car handles in it especially with these tires. Have not experienced any rubbing although ive read some posters saying theirs rubbed but with different tires. These tires weigh 18lbs, 1lb lest than the stock Potenzas that came with the car and has a nice tread pattern.
By no means im related to this company in any way...Im just forwarding my experience with these tires to fellow board members.

OP
Y

YIN

Thread Starter #8
Diameter Variance will over 3%.That is not recommended.
215/40/17 will be better for upgrading tires.
[/URL][/IMG]